A sad day for my Envoy

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Today was a day of mixed emotions. I parked the Envoy in March when I got the X5, and was just getting ready to winterize it and do a bit of maintenance. I had it parked at my employer's truck yard, and when I went to bring it home I had no brakes. I already knew I had developed a piston seal leak at the (brand new!) right rear caliper, so I assumed a quick fill and bleed would get it home and out of my employer's hair....but not to be - 6 months of sitting had allowed a brake line to rust and burst.

So, with a sigh, I looked to the heavens and said a small prayer for sparing me the time & expense of additional maintenance and put it out to pasture for good.

20200910_103842.jpg

Should be available at the Ottawa yard soon. Has new rack and pinion, new front Timken hubs, all new rotors pads and calipers (1 leaky) new vent visors, newish alternator, new CPAS...a long list. And a VAST assortment of spare parts in the interior (instrument clusters, tie rod end boots, headlight assemblies, lower control arm brackets only needing bushings, spare rear glass, fan control modules with transistor already replaced, BCM module, seat heater pad, lumbar support motor, ignition switch, coil packs and much more).

I grabbed my nearly new AGM battery and my brand new Michelin X-Ice Xi2 winter tires on alloys, but FORGOT to get my PCM4Less tuned PCM - I do have the original in a box at home though.

IMG_20200910_083707_01 (1).jpg

Even at 420,000 km everything but the drivers seat was in pretty decent shape. The fan clutch still works, my spare tire winch still works, AND, unusually for an XL, the HMSL fairing is attached and working!!!

But enough whining, my X50i has way more power, way more luxury and is better on gas by like 30%...I'm not really suffering :smile:

Cheers

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, a sad day when another 360/370 goes. They are on the endangered species list (new junk being produced not included!). At 420k km, she owes you absolutely nothing.

Headed to Kenny? I might act like a vulture and go pick at her bones.

Reactions: xavierny25

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
@Mooseman - How expensive is it to ship parts to the US? There are some parts I would like!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What year was it? Kenny's asking for the year for notifications.

@TollKeeper , depends on the parts. A PCM was about $30-35 CAD but that was a while ago. Probably has gone up since.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
PCM wouldnt likely fit. I am guessing he has a 4.2 (He mentions CPAS)?

Vent Visors, Hood Deflector, Headlights (assuming good condition and price), And...

But likely shipping would make it not cost effective. New Headlights are like 90 bucks for a pair, Vent Visors are 60 for all 4 (with new tape), Dont know what a hood deflector is new.

His going to the yard in that condition makes me renew my search for a ultra low mile Envoy/Rainier/9-7x V8 thou, and if its the right option pack, even a TB V8.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just saw in another post of his, it's an '05. Wish it was an '06+ for the diff. Would have liked me some 3.73's and the 8.6 but it does have a lot of KM.

Anyway I subscribed to all years so I should get email notifications.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, here she is unceremoniously laid to bare for the vultures.

@WarGawd , will you visit her one last time or it isn't worth the $3 entry fee? I'm probably gonna circle around her as well as look over a couple of other candidates for diffs.

• Sad
Reactions: mrrsm and Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Im not sure thats the one.. He sent it with no rims, and hood deflector w/ vent shades. This has none of those... I am also pretty sure thats a SWB, and he has (Edit: HAD) a LWB.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Noticed that too but they could have been taken off already. I can't see wheels and can't tell if LWB or SWB because if the angle.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
FWIW, It's a SWB. The rear side window confirms (it has the kink at the rear). The LWB has more of a parallelogram shape.

Reactions: Mooseman

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Hi all
Thanks for your responses 🙂

I've been insanely busy as usual.

Haven't checked yet to see if it has shown up on the lot yet. I suppose there's some possibility it got sent to Gatineau, but it was already pretty close to the Ottawa yard where they picked it up.

To those enquiring about some of the newer parts on it, and U.S. shipping, first I'd have no direct access to the vehicle anymore,, no time to pull those parts, and yes shipping would most likely be prohibitive. Mostly people in Ottawa area could get any real benefit from them.

I do have some parts at home available...PCM, brand new set of u joints, 1 new stepper motor, cabin air filter door, and of course the tires and rims.

@Mooseman, I offered you most of these for free, why would you pay to scavenge them now LOL

If anyone wants any of the parts I still have, pm me and you can have them free if you cover any shipping that may be required (tires/rims excepted, $500 for those, less than 10k km on them)

Cheers all 🙂

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@Mooseman, I offered you most of these for free, why would you pay to scavenge them now LOL

I.... don't.... remember.... that. LOL! I think the only thing that might interest me are the rear brakes since the fronts are different on mine. Actually scratch that. I already have a set of pads laying around. Probably the reason why I declined. Anything before 06, I can't use the rear diff because of the ABS sensors.

Reactions: WarGawd

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online