A rare sighting: '06 TB EXT LT

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Saw this parked at a Walmart while picking up ice salt, noticed this LT. Close-up look and saw it was an EXT. Since this was the last year of the EXT, I imagine that was because of poor sales. First one I've seen in this configuration. '02 to 05 all had the regular crossbar grill. '06 was the only year the EXT could have had it.

IMG_20190205_131225.jpg

D

Deleted member 20902

That's pretty awesome, I've always referred to that particular model as a unicorn lol

We almost bought one 3 years ago, it was 2006 LT EXT 5.3 unfortunately *sigh it was very poorly maintained and was way over priced for its condition.

It's my understanding that the plant caught on fire and that is why the EXT production was halted, along with the 4.2 engines.

Reactions: Capote and Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
If I throw a rock hard enough I'm bound to hit a 360. However I don't think I've ever seen that nose on an ext.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I've seen a few of them around my area or whenever I visit downtown Chicago. I have yet to see one that didn't have either the; front bumper missing/pushed in, damaged fenders/doors, smashed rear bumper or the tailgate glass duck taped with plastic. NWI/Chicago is awful for finding a "semi" decent TB/Envoy unless you travel a good few hours to find one in "average" shape.

I did come across an 06 EXT with the 5.3 a few days ago on the Facebook Marketplace. It looked clean, had the cloth interior with the DIC/Bose setup. Low miles too.....around 130kish. Though I did find a 03 TB EXT Northface except the seller wanted 11k and it had close to 200k on the odo. Then there was an 04 SWB Northface that was being parted out......I almost jumped on it until someone beat me to the roof marker lights. 😢

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
It's my understanding that the plant caught on fire and that is why the EXT production was halted, along with the 4.2 engines.

The only 'fire' I could find reference to were the employees... -? :sadcry:

When you're the first plant to close, you were the low-hanging fruit (OKC only built 360s & (all) 370s when they closed):

And the LL8 was from Flint Engine South plant

(we may not know 'all things' GM, but we're pretty 'up' on the 360s / 370s) :dielaugh:
No worries, though...you're here with us, now! :grouphug:

Saw this parked at a Walmart while picking up ice salt, noticed this LT. Close-up look and saw it was an EXT. Since this was the last year of the EXT, I imagine that was because of poor sales. First one I've seen in this configuration. '02 to 05 all had the regular crossbar grill. '06 was the only year the EXT could have had it.

View attachment 87397

That's a helluva eye for detail. 🙏

Reactions: Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
@CdnGMan has one, our only member that I can remember... :undecided:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
AFAIK, that Wiki article is wrong. The OK City plant only produced the GMT370.

That NewsOK article pretty much foreshadows the demise of both plants. And today, with the popularity of SUV's (and demise of sedans), they could have thrived in building a new true mid-sized SUV.

Off topic: I wonder if they still have that first Citation ever produced there? :crackup:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
AFAIK, that Wiki article is wrong. The OK City plant only produced the GMT370.

:iagree:That's what I thought. But the article implied that SWB was built there, as well (IIRC, those all came from Kansas City). So I ran with it. :dunce:

Wikipedia...now considered 'Fake News' :badday:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
To hell with Wikipedia, we're the authority on GMT360/370 👅

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online