A rare bird.....

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I had a 97, 2 dr. Tahoe Sport and heard that they could be had with a 5 spd. but, never did actually see one....until now.
00a0a_cNMkqM8CJ3L_1200x900.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
"Not for sale whole"? Is he insane? If it is that rare, it should be restored!

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Agreed. This is just the type of thing I'd put in the garage & turn into the next project.
(It'd be ready in about 5yrs... :laugh: )

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yeah, and the guy has already done some awesome panel work on the body, just needs a little finish work....:faint:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
After watching an older show on Prime called American Muscle Cars, they always ended each episode with "Don't crush 'em, restore 'em" and that kinda made me think and sad as well. I still regret to this day parting out and scrapping my '78 Camaro Z28. It had bad rust cancer and was pressured by the wife to get rid of it. I loved that car immensely. I see them today in car shows and the odd time on the street and

Granted, this Yukon is not a classic yet but I would have loved to be able to get it, restore it while parts are still fairly available and just keep it as the unicorn it is. It reminds me of the K Blazer.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That is badass.

I bet it has a lien on it and he parting to f them over.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think he's just thinking he can make more money parting it out than selling it whole.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Only thing worth separate money is the 5 speed setup. The body and motor are nothing worthwhile.

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Depending on the market, they can be worth money. Here in Denver, I see them with high miles, running and driving, selling for 3-9k, depending on motor (The Diesel versions are stupid expensive)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They had a diesel in those? I never seen the IFS solid top with one.

EDIT: sweet action. I see they did at least in 92-93!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They had diesels in them all the way up to 98. They were not smart in the build on them thou, most suffered transmission failures. They put an auxiliary tranny cooler on all the other diesel trucks (Suburban/ and C/K models) but not the 2 doors. Some of the C/K models, and 2 doors also got a NON-Turbo NA Diesel. I Owned one of those, it was actually a very bullet proof truck!

Youtube - 99 Tahoe 2 door Diesel
Youtube - Non-Turbo Diesel

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I remember those anemic motors but never saw one in a 2 door. The non-turbo were just blah, but indestructible basically. 2 doors were a big thing around here but all I ever knew had the typical 350. I plowed snow with one for years. I still wonder if I should have gotten the 94 2 door or my 91 burban back in 01 when I had a great internal debate, but that burban has done well and will do it eventually down the road when I get time for it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online