NEED HELP A new riddle on me...

Blackstar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
I have an'02 Envoy SLT with Bose sound system. Beautiful sounding system... until I left work an hour ago. Started the truck, set my heater to defrost (cold evening) and turned radio on.... no sound. Display shows power on and sound bars are showing but no sound. Tried several CD's with no sound. Put fader control to full front and turned volume way up and not even a hiss out of the speakers. Different channels all give no sound... Any answers to my riddle? Any clues?

Thanks

Glenn

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Amp isn't kicking on? Check amp fuse.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Weren't the old amps prone to not working/starting to fail when they get cold? I feel like I've read that somewhere.

Blackstar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
I hope its not the amp acting up. Don't have the money to put into this one right now. Just our second vehicle/work truck for me.

Blackstar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
I've seen a few of these vehicles at local salvage yards but none with a Bose system.

Blackstar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Thank you Matt. Funny thing about this... System was working fine on the way to work this morning and again on the way home tonight... :smile:

Reactions: Matt

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I threw out a damn good OEM (non bose) 6-CD radio because of this exact issue back in May of 2013. Turned out that it was my Autozone Gold battery going bad.

The OEM radio in my '03 XL stopped working on me one day without any warning whatsoever. Bought a replacement OEM radio, installed it, worked for about a few days so I trashed the old one, then the replacement stopped working shortly afterwards. Someone mentioned that it was the battery telling me that it was going bad. Had it tested at Autozone and they said that it was giving a low reading. They pro-rated and gave me another new Autozone Gold battery for somewhere around $20. Installed it and I never had an issue after that.

All along, the truck seemed to start and run fine. I checked the +/- terminals before the replacement was installed and they were all tight and corrosion-free.

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Blackstar

Blackstar

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
That could be the answer. One cold morning last winter (-27C) I remember the Envoy turning over a lot slower than normal. Barely turned enough to fire her up. I have a new (6 months old) batter that I got from a neighbour who was junking one of his cars. I intend to install it before winter. I have to pick up a couple top post cables to connect. Thanks for the tip.

Glenn

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online