A Jersey Gal with an 02 Trailblazer named Truck

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Yes im from Jersey. I grew up in Essex County but I never belonged
there. I'm a horse fanatic, loves lifted trucks, and I like to get dirty...
I clean stalls for a living.
With this being said, the country is where I naturally belong.
View attachment 33226

I was advised to join here since y'all moved from the other forums.
I'm not too new to forums or Trailblazers but I am new when it comes to lifting a
vehicle. So, i joined to learn and to give feed back with images while we work on mine.
The goal is to be done before June.

Now about Truck.
Besides Truck being jealous of the real trucks
(because it gets "upset" when I go to dealerships to find a truck);;
Truck is a 2002 LT i6 with 126k that needs an overhaul.
Truck will be getting a 3" body lift and a 3"-2" suspension lift, 32" tires,
wheel adapter spacer thingys for a better selection and possibly off-set wheels(rims).
My main goal is to have a head turner but to also have it be functional when needed.

Im glad I joined and I hope to see fellow members out and about someday, especially other Jersians.

And for those of you that are sick and tired of seeing lifted Jeeps (especially around here) respond with a
Heck Yes!

Attachments

• TB Fog Lights.jpg
    TB Fog Lights.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 93

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome! This is definitely the right place for you. I think you'll find this place much more friendly and alive than Trailvoy.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I think lifted TBs are a head turner from the start. Mainly because since it takes a bit more work than a five-minute wrench job like Jeeps seem to in many cases, it stick out. The naturally aggressive design of the TrailBlazer, with the "angry" headlights, the stark lines up on front especially on the bumper cover, and the flared wheel wells (a bit more pronounced with the two-tone package as there are extra pieces of plastic over them) she definitely looks like one that wants to take a bite out of mud.

On that note, when it comes to the lifting and offroading part, give our sister site Offroadtb.com a visit. I promise you'll come away very informed on how our 4x4 works, and plenty of ideas on what parts you'll need to get a nice look.

And country.... :rolleyes: (j/k) Iowa boy originally here. Nothing but country out there, atop every hill you could see for miles (usually the atmospheric "haze" or even the curvature of the Earth, and sometimes corn would stop the distance eventually), and every spring on the first sunny day it was nothing but people pulling out their classic cars and tooling around town. And I know a thing or two about bottle-feeding calves and doing combine demolition derbies :thumbsup: :rotfl: Now in my current location it's just a bunch of people trying to turn their trucks into the Tower of Babel like nobody's tried it before. Yeah, some look nice, but I've seen sooooooooooooo many lifted F-Series, K-Series and Rams it's old and dull and the norm.

Welcome to the site. Remember to get an account set up at offroadtb sometime, you'll love it there for your offroad needs, and over here for your everything else needs!

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Hypnotoad said:
Welcome! This is definitely the right place for you. I think you'll find this place much more friendly and alive than Trailvoy.

So far it does seem that way. =)

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation. Any realtree stickers on the back?

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
IllogicTC said:
I think lifted TBs are a head turner from the start. Mainly because since it takes a bit more work than a five-minute wrench job like Jeeps seem to in many cases, it stick out. The naturally aggressive design of the TrailBlazer, with the "angry" headlights, the stark lines up on front especially on the bumper cover, and the flared wheel wells (a bit more pronounced with the two-tone package as there are extra pieces of plastic over them) she definitely looks like one that wants to take a bite out of mud.

On that note, when it comes to the lifting and offroading part, give our sister site Offroadtb.com a visit. I promise you'll come away very informed on how our 4x4 works, and plenty of ideas on what parts you'll need to get a nice look.

And country.... :rolleyes: (j/k) Iowa boy originally here. Nothing but country out there, atop every hill you could see for miles (usually the atmospheric "haze" or even the curvature of the Earth, and sometimes corn would stop the distance eventually), and every spring on the first sunny day it was nothing but people pulling out their classic cars and tooling around town. And I know a thing or two about bottle-feeding calves and doing combine demolition derbies :thumbsup: :rotfl: Now in my current location it's just a bunch of people trying to turn their trucks into the Tower of Babel like nobody's tried it before. Yeah, some look nice, but I've seen sooooooooooooo many lifted F-Series, K-Series and Rams it's old and dull and the norm.

Welcome to the site. Remember to get an account set up at offroadtb sometime, you'll love it there for your offroad needs, and over here for your everything else needs!

glad to say I also have an account on offroadtb =) I'm ajc=88 over there.

I completely agree with you on the looks of our Trailblazers, and Chevys in general.
I like to work on vehicles. I dont do it often but when I do its like I've done it for years. I will say I did own a 95 Blazer and that was easy to do a basic "lift" on. lol but it was good for learning a little bit with.
I will say, I will learn a lot working on my TB.

Sad to say we've got the newer lifted dodges and fords here as well. Lots of them. Or are you talking about Show Status, wont ever see the mud types? eek

atop a hill...how many of those do you have? haha. Its a different type of country and I'd love it, minus the cows. They are great on my plate but I cant stand their smell. As for the bottle feeding, that is cute. So I'm guessing you either grew up on a farm or worked at one?

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Porkins said:
Welcome to the Nation. Any realtree stickers on the back?

hmm.. So far not in this area...yet.
I might get a tiny one, but that's only because I own a few of their apparel and they haven't let me down.
Face mask to protect me from the cold wind, extra thick warm gloves that were perfect for the temps under
20 degrees and a jacket that has kept me warm and dry these past three months =)

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
nieman88 said:
glad to say I also have an account on offroadtb =) I'm ajc=88 over there.

I completely agree with you on the looks of our Trailblazers, and Chevys in general.
I like to work on vehicles. I dont do it often but when I do its like I've done it for years. I will say I did own a 95 Blazer and that was easy to do a basic "lift" on. lol but it was good for learning a little bit with.
I will say, I will learn a lot working on my TB.

Sad to say we've got the newer lifted dodges and fords here as well. Lots of them. Or are you talking about Show Status, wont ever see the mud types? eek

atop a hill...how many of those do you have? haha. Its a different type of country and I'd love it, minus the cows. They are great on my plate but I cant stand their smell. As for the bottle feeding, that is cute. So I'm guessing you either grew up on a farm or worked at one?

As a kid I used to spend the weekend sometimes at a fellow church member's farm and helped out. Good times. Then I fell outta church for a long time, took a turn for the bad, then got right again and am attending. :thumbsup:

I've seen some here and there that have seen mud. They also have ones that aren't road legal that are hauled around for mud bog events. I believe in WV there is a law that mandates that the tires can't extend out past the body of the vehicle, or some small limit past, so a lot of them pointing toward the sky are still on skis pretty much :rotfl: it looks ridiculous and easy to tip over. I'd say 90%+ have maybe seen a DRY dirt road, tops.

Where I live now there's tons of hills. As in on my way home I only got a little under 17MPG because it's just up and down and up and down and...

I used to do my own work whenever possible but did it in the wrong ways, then started doing it in the right ways, then got the TB and enjoyed a little period of not having to constantly wrench on something, but with the prices involved over here in general before factoring in it being a newer vehicle I'm enjoying a lot of savings by just doing it myself. Also doubles as an excuse to slowly expand my tool collection :rotfl: I don't have everything I need for everything, but I have a pretty alright little collection that gets me by on most things.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to the Nation. So you have been a lurker on ORTB huh?

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
IllogicTC said:
As a kid I used to spend the weekend sometimes at a fellow church member's farm and helped out. Good times. Then I fell outta church for a long time, took a turn for the bad, then got right again and am attending. :thumbsup:

I've seen some here and there that have seen mud. They also have ones that aren't road legal that are hauled around for mud bog events. I believe in WV there is a law that mandates that the tires can't extend out past the body of the vehicle, or some small limit past, so a lot of them pointing toward the sky are still on skis pretty much :rotfl: it looks ridiculous and easy to tip over. I'd say 90%+ have maybe seen a DRY dirt road, tops.

Where I live now there's tons of hills. As in on my way home I only got a little under 17MPG because it's just up and down and up and down and...

I used to do my own work whenever possible but did it in the wrong ways, then started doing it in the right ways, then got the TB and enjoyed a little period of not having to constantly wrench on something, but with the prices involved over here in general before factoring in it being a newer vehicle I'm enjoying a lot of savings by just doing it myself. Also doubles as an excuse to slowly expand my tool collection :rotfl: I don't have everything I need for everything, but I have a pretty alright little collection that gets me by on most things.

Well im glad you're back on track. :wootwoot:
I'll admit, its been 8 years since I've been to church. So i give you credit. I cant sit in a church, too many walls.

Mud bogging trucks, Now thats awesome. Ive been dying to see one of those. All i can do for now is watch on youtube. But as fun as it looks, id rather crawl.
And for the truck tipping ones.....we should totally gather a bunch of us and try that! .... .... wait no, that's the late night talking.

Between Iowa and WV, do you have a preference...besides the gas mileage issue? lol.
although with the Ups and downs comment, it doesn't seem like you like it all too much?

And for the wrong ways, what would that include? I really dont want to mess up. lol. Although I could save a ton of money and just get 31s with spacers and id still achieve a bit of the look i want, but not the clearance. My goal is to clear snow and water. I couldn't get into the driveway of the barn with the last big snowfall we had. Over 10" of snow and I cant move.

Expanding the tool selection is the best part!...besides the money. But then you could always fabricate a tool. We have a few of those around. They came in hand while taking a Mazda apart for the parts. That was a fun job even though it was over 90 degrees out.
But didnt you know? All you need is Duct Tape, an adjustable wrench, some WD-40 and yea.

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
djthumper said:
Welcome to the Nation. So you have been a lurker on ORTB huh?

Thanks
I sure have. I think i introduced myself once on there but I cant find the post.
My favorite thread on that site was the Tire/Lift chart with the users that have achieved such sizes and provided pictures and info on their own threads.
I dont see too much of that here, but im guessing because most of you came over here. lol

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
nieman88 said:
Thanks
I sure have. I think i introduced myself once on there but I cant find the post.
My favorite thread on that site was the Tire/Lift chart with the users that have achieved such sizes and provided pictures and info on their own threads.
I dont see too much of that here, but im guessing because most of you came over here. lol

ORTB is still active but several of us are on here as well. Depending on when you are doing the lift and everything one of our members is setting his TB back to stock and has his parts up for sale.

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
djthumper said:
ORTB is still active but several of us are on here as well. Depending on when you are doing the lift and everything one of our members is setting his TB back to stock and has his parts up for sale.

:yaay::googlyeyes:
Well, I was handed a visa card yesterday for the parts. lol. I haven't bought anything yet.
More than likely this month or April we will start.
I guess i should check out the Classifieds...

- - - Updated - - -

dmanns67 said:
Welcome to the Nation! :thumbsup:

thank you muchly

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
nieman88 said:
I was advised to join here since y'all moved from the other forums.

Sounds like good advice... and I see you're smart, too. ~by taking that advice~ :raspberry:

Welcome to the Nation! I just know you're going to find what you need here. :yes:

Edit: Find manuals here

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
nieman88 said:
Thanks

Welcome :tiphat:

as far as members modifications, look at the bottom of their post.
some have links to their builds.

or here: http://gmtnation.com/f67/

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Robbabob said:
Sounds like good advice... and I see you're smart, too. ~by taking that advice~ :raspberry:

Welcome to the Nation! I just know you're going to find what you need here. :yes:

Edit: Find manuals here

thanks for the manuals.

hahaha.thank i guess. Ill be more knowledgeable once I start working on Truck and even more when im done.
i cant wait.

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
fletch09 said:
Welcome :tiphat:

as far as members modifications, look at the bottom of their post.
some have links to their builds.

or here: Member Builds

thanks. i was wondering where such thread was.
plus, i lke looking at the pictures :biggrin:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
nieman88 said:
Yes im from Jersey.
And for those of you that are sick and tired of seeing lifted Jeeps (especially around here) respond with a
Heck Yes!

Oh no....more Jeep bashing.
My wife owns the TB and I have a :smile:rolleyes:....lifted) Jeep.

Welcome....

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
Welcome! You'll find just about anything you need to about your TB here. This forum has saved me a tone of money and given me great ideas for my Envoy.

You live in a beautiful area. I grew up in Ringwood and know the area well!

nieman88

Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
jfkmk said:
Welcome! You'll find just about anything you need to about your TB here. This forum has saved me a tone of money and given me great ideas for my Envoy.

You live in a beautiful area. I grew up in Ringwood and know the area well!

Agreed. To me this place is like a school, but a many bazillion times better.
I wish i could say the same on the savings part. wheels and tires are not cheap. sigh. But if someone allows us to borrow a wheel machine, we're set.

Skyline is a pretty drive down there.
What area are you located in now?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Welcome to the Nation!

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
nieman88 said:
Agreed. To me this place is like a school, but a many bazillion times better.
I wish i could say the same on the savings part. wheels and tires are not cheap. sigh. But if someone allows us to borrow a wheel machine, we're set.

Skyline is a pretty drive down there.
What area are you located in now?

Yeah, well at least you can use some of the money you saved from the advise from this group!

I now live in Lopatcong, just north of 78 on the PA border. I go back to Ringwood
A lot, my parents still live there. My sister-in-law lives on Westbrook Rd in West Milford.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online