A/C temperature problems

AV8ER

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Recently while driving I've noticed that the air coming out of the drivers side air vents in the front is significantly warmer than what comes out of the passenger side. During the day it also seems like I can't get the car to cool down inside at all. Any ideas?

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
Search for drivers side temperature actuator and you should find threads on how to fix what is most likely your problem. As long as the air coming out of the passenger side is still cold, it is most likely the temp actuator on the drivers side.

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
AV8ER said:
During the day it also seems like I can't get the car to cool down inside at all. Any ideas?

Based on this comment, I'd suspect low refrigerant. Low refrigerant can also cause side to side discharge temperature differences. If the system is correctly charged the accumulator should feel cold. Here's an Amazon link showing what it looks like: ACDelco 15-1630 A/C Accumulator Assembly : Amazon.com : Automotive
Idle the engine 1500-2000 rpm and feel the accumulator.

AV8ER

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Thanks for the replies! Ill check the freon tomorrow and if its good ill dig into the actuator

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online