A/C system help!

Stephen Meli

Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
La Center, WA
I have a 2008 Envoy Denali with issues in the heating/a/c system. I have normal temp control on the driver side vents but nothing but hot air coming out of the passenger side vents. I removed all the actuators and tested them for movement.
All seemed to function properly but the problem persists. I even did the fuse reset, no help!!
The one actuator on the driver side that has the white nylon gear on it fits into a cavity, but in sliding my finger into and around the cavity I didn't feel any kind of gear for that to connect with..totally baffled. But again, the hot air persists on the passenger side dash vents no matter where I set the control. What am I doing wrong or does anyone know what might be broken. I'm beginning to think it may be in the control panel...could I be right? I'm going to pull the "air temperature actuator" on the passenger side out again and see if the post it mounts on is stuck. I'm about to lose my mind over this. Dealer wants mega bucks to fix it and I'm retired...no mega bucks here..LOL

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reactions: Mooseman

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
removed all the actuators and tested them for movement.

They may very well move but still not calibrate correctly due to internal failure of the plastic gearing. In particular the final drive gear. This gear can crack and in this condition it will indeed move but not have enough grip to stop the actuator motor at the stops. Without this it will not calibrate correctly.

IMG_20190320_105943.jpg

drumunl

Jan 5, 2020
Nebraska
I'm having this same problem right now. The driver's side will blow any temperature I set it to, but the passenger side was stuck on cold no matter what. I have checked all the actuators for movement, and they seem to be rotating just fine. I did the reset last night with the passenger side dash disassembled, and when the passenger side actuator rotated from side to side, the air temp did indeed change from cold to warm and back to cold again. But then I tried changing the temp on the dash controls, and it just stayed in place. Could the dash control be the problem? It seems like the actuator is able to turn just fine, and the door that it's connected to rotates and is able to change the temp just fine. But once I try to change it at the dash, that's when the problems start. I'm baffled.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.