A/C Question

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys so i finaly decided to take a look at my ac that has'nt worked for 2 years.. I finnaly got around to it yesterday and i come to find out the the wiring is messed up. These wires engage the clutch but the are attached to the accumulator. Any idea what the wire or wiring harness is called. I tried looking everywhere online but the search always only found the actual accumulator.. Here are pics of the wire i am talking about. When i wiggle the the clutch kicks in so it is absolutly a wiring problem. I have them taped so it doesnt jigle loose but i know it will eventually. Thanks a bunch for the help guys. Much appreciated :thumbsup:
-Dan

ALSO!! i almost forgot.. The AC blows cold in every vent accept for the passenger side vents.. The heat works great but it doesnt blow cold at all.

Here are the pics of the wire that goes to the accumulator.

Edit: ITs the blue wire that is the problem.. would splicing it work as a fix instead of trying to find a new connector?

Attachments

• 0706121844.jpg
    0706121844.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 0706121844a.jpg
    0706121844a.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 0706121845.jpg
    0706121845.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 64

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
03TB93 said:
Any idea what the wire or wiring harness is called.

The fancy name for it is the low pressure switch connector. What part of it is damaged? (The tape is covering the juicy bits lol)

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Thanks drew i search that now. and it just looks like someone crimped or pinched the hell out of the blue wire. So i can hear the clutch click on and of when i wiggle it around. Its messed up like right at the base of the connector.
Also, any ideas on whats up with the passenger side not being cold? Thanks man

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There are five electrical actuators, one of them being passenger side temperature. Could be dead or needing a simple fuse-pull recalibration. (discussed in many other threads).

allactuators-orig.jpg

c good

Dec 8, 2011
no cold air on just the passenger side is a bad actuator. Check out "passenger side actuator" for your vehicle and it will come up with all kinds of info. I would try to get the correct connector for the low pressure cutout switch. If they are directly wired,(by passing) the L.P. switch, you may need a new L.P. switch too. HTH c good

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.