A/C Issues

NelliM60

Original poster
May 9, 2016
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Hey guys,
I am mapping out my plans to replace the blower motor resistor and blend door actuators. Specifically what's going on is the front vents don't work and the ac only comes on on channel 5 (channels 1 thru 4 don't work). This all happened last spring when I replaced the battery. Anyway but my question is not about all of that, rather it is one of random curiosity. When I opened the panel below the glove compartment, I noticed two connectors fastened to the back of the panel. There is the yellow one which is connected. But next to it is a black connector wire that seems part of the wiring system down there but it is not connected to anything. Does anyone know what it is? Like I said, just curious because I Google'd and searched but can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

mrwitty_1

Jan 28, 2014
First model year had more creature features than later models. Could be the lead for the under dash courtesy light. How many leads and color(s) ?

NelliM60

Original poster
May 9, 2016
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't unravel the black tape around it but it has two wire leads which is connected to the main bundle of wires that the yellow connector is a part of. I have seen extra connectors through many areas of the truck, the creature features as you well stated. The AC is a manual system, not the automatic that is found in the LT, EXT and SS models.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yellow connector definitely for the air bag system. The other one could just be for an option that you don't have. Off the top of my head, footwell lighting or glove box light.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR