A/C Compressor Lines

Johnb868

Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Hoiuston
In the process of changing my A/C compressor and I have encountered two problems with the Line block that connects to the compressor. First one isn't that big of a deal but I cannot get the stud out of the old compressor for the new one. Any Ideas?
Second, and more importantly, I cannot get the line block to fully seat into the new compressor. It's like the lines are binding or the compressor is mounted differently. Worked on it for nearly 4 hours to no avail. Am I missing something? Any suggestions on getting more play out of the line block?

Mathoran

May 3, 2012
I put in a new compressor about an month ago and I couldn't get the stud out either. I just went to the auto parts and using the short bolt that held in the little cover plate I bought a new longer bolt. Don't remember the length but it was something like 1.5 inches.

As for the line block try unbolting that little bracket that bolts to the engine lift plate up top. I had to slide the bracket on the a/c line because for some reason the new compressor sat lower. I was able to use a screwdriver to carefully spread the bracket and slide it up.

Also double check the washers/o-rings whatever they are called on the line block. They are not the same size and it won't sit flat if you don't have them on the correct side.

My O-ring kit from 4 seasons was missing several of those metal washer seals so I had to re-use a few of them.

Good Luck

Reactions: Mooseman

Johnb868

Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Hoiuston
Thank you Mathoran. I have already disconnected the little bracket and it helped but just not enough. I'm thinking about putting a jack under the compressor to hold it up then connect the lines then mount it. We shall see.

Johnb868

Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Hoiuston
So after I got home I took a look at the two compressors and noticed that the block mount on the new one was about 1/2" shorter then the old one, hence the problem with getting it lined up. The new compressor I bought was an EverCo by 4 Seasons 78561. Old aircraft mechanic saying- "If ya can't finesse it, force it".

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Seems to be the right one. Strange that it doesn't fit. Maybe try to contact 4 Seasons tech support.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online