A bittersweet ending, but...

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I know this doesn't belong here, so please feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

I traded my 03 Envoy XL yesterday for a '14 GMC 3.6l Terrain SLE. Has 17k on it and all the amenities. Not sure of the color's name yet, but it looks like a candy red. Has a full warranty until 75k miles -or until Dec. of 2020.

Anyhow, it was very difficult to see the Envoy off, but I was tired of being skeptical of driving it on the highway and waiting for the next [whatever] to break. It was still hard to let it go, even though I only had it for 4.5 years/28k miles.

Oh well. I'll still be visiting here pretty often, but I'll have to post questions or concerns in another section.

Thank you to all for the help here when I needed it, and I hope someone buys and takes care of it as much as I have. "!CHEERS!"

Attachments

• 20161215(1).jpg
    20161215(1).jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20160213(1).jpg
    20160213(1).jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 58

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats. The time just comes for some to move on and at least you stayed GM!

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Nice truck. And it already comes with projectors. Huge plus. Awesome color too. :Lager Louts:

Reactions: Jan-Åke_Klement

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
Thank you for the replies :biggrin:
I wanted to stay with either GMC or Chevy, so the rest was not an option.

Yeah, the paint is a "tri-color"= lot's of fun trying to match it for any type of repair. I should go out and buy another Terrain in the same color just to keep for the extra panels!

Nice truck. And it already comes with projectors. Huge plus. Awesome color too. :Lager Louts:

The low beam headlights are H11's, so does that mean they're HID's? --> serious question since I've never had them before.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I think you'll find that even if you buy another one the color won't match exactly, unless they ran one after the other on the painting line.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm still gonna bug you about coming to meets. So be ready! :tiphat:

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
I think you'll find that even if you buy another one the color won't match exactly, unless they ran one after the other on the painting line.

True, but it'd be a closer match compared to what I'd be able to spray. Guess I'll just try a bit harder to not let anything happen to it :wink:

H11 is not hid.

Congrats, will you still be making the little parts like the door bracket things you sell?

Yep. Still making them and I currently have about 20 pair that are already made and ready to mail.

I'm still gonna bug you about coming to meets. So be ready! :tiphat:

HAHA...okay, you win. The next meet is a positive for me, as long as I don't have any guests over, gone fishin', gone boozin', somewhere [lost] in the FL Keys, scuba diving, drug to the mall and held hostage as the wife goes shoe-shopping, fixing or detailing a car, @ someone else's wedding/funeral, at the beach, or running from the law, then I'll go. I'm sorta running out of excuses here
:whiteflag:

Reactions: fletch09 and Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My buddy got his wife a 15 Terrain in that tricoat red. She cut it too close to a pole and rubbed the rear door/fender opening.

Took two shops to actually get it painted and blended right. They painted a good portion by the end so you dont notice the fix.

hockeyman

Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
My buddy got his wife a 15 Terrain in that tricoat red. She cut it too close to a pole and rubbed the rear door/fender opening.

Took two shops to actually get it painted and blended right. They painted a good portion by the end so you dont notice the fix.

Tri-coats are the most fun. I've tried three times on a rear bumper panel for an '05 Spice Red GTO, but couldn't really get it to match perfectly. I need WAY more practice.

After driving the Terrain for a few days, I'm not really sure if it's for me. I wanted the Acadia to begin with and the place I made the deal with called me this morning and is trying to work out a deal with me for a trade. I have 5 (no obligation) days to make up my mind on the Terrain, so I'll know by Monday.

I like the Acadia much better because it reminds me of my 'Voy. Lots of room, 3rd row seating, & it sits higher. I'll take a slight hit in losing some MPG's, but I'm okay with that since I do not plan on driving over the state line(s) too often. I'd rather fly.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
We have the Equinox version of yours, Interesting thing is that the 3.6 in the Nox has a higher HP rating than the 3.6 in the Traverse(bigger, heavier vehicle) :confused: . Probably the same for the Terrain/Acadia.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
After working around them daily I'd highly recommend keeping a close eye on the oil level. Some of them drink oil as bad as the v8's. Causes permanent timing chain racket when they get ran low.

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
My 2010 equinox drank all 5 quarts of oil in three hundred miles. They finally replaced the top end because of "zebra striped cylinders". 14 rent a cars after I told them what the problem was. Of course that was the 2.4 SIDI motor. Garbage

Reactions: Mounce

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
After working around them daily I'd highly recommend keeping a close eye on the oil level. Some of them drink oil as bad as the v8's. Causes permanent timing chain racket when they get ran low.
That's good to know, seems to be a wide spread problem with todays vehicles. If you google "high oil consumption" you get stuff like this:

Causes of high oil consumption in your Mercedes and other high-end cars is common. If you have noticed that your Mercedes-Benz has been consuming more oil than usual, you are not alone. While cars generally consume more oil as their mileage increases, high oil consumption is a condition that has been increasingly found among newer, lower mileage vehicles, including luxury Japanese from Lexus and European makes like Mercedes. Lighter weight pistons with shorter skirts, higher compression ratios, and forced induction ( Turbocharging ) are engineering compromises that result in better performance at the sacrifice of unavoidable increases in oil consumption.

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Getting back on topic, I'm getting to the same point where I can't deal with old cars anymore. The power steering on the Saab developed a leak and it's been cold and snowing outside. The new battery I just put in doesn't crank like it should (the old battery was better). My EXT's tranny died a month ago. Our '03 Accord's CEL just came on for a P0420. The '02 CRV I just bought took more work than I expected to get it to pass safety and e-test.

Just tired of having to deal with old crap and seriously thinking of getting a new/newer vehicle. Might be different if I had a garage to work in.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online