98-05 GM service manual

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
44 files is a lot to download, 1 at a time :ugh:

I went hunting for a torrent, to see if anyone made one. Didn't find that exact dataset, but did come across something similar. I'm downloading this now, and will play with it a bit more tonight if it finishes downloading. (not many seeders)

This is a goldmine of GM factory service info. It contains TSBs and service campaigns going back to 1980. Full service manuals from 1998 to 2009, and owner's manuals from 2003 to 2009.

The data contained within is dated Sep 29, 2008

This is set up as a Windows XP VM that can run on the free (and included) VMware Player. It is already configured and cracked once you start the VM. Service information can be browsed by model year, make, and model, as well as VIN.

Enjoy!

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
44 files is a lot to download, 1 at a time :ugh:

I went hunting for a torrent, to see if anyone made one. Didn't find that exact dataset, but did come across something similar. I'm downloading this now, and will play with it a bit more tonight if it finishes downloading. (not many seeders)

That gave me a 404:Not Found when I tried to download it

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
Me007gold said:

not me.

Try this

GM SI Service Information 1980 through 2009 6.33 GiB

This is a goldmine of GM factory service info. It contains TSBs and service campaigns going back to 1980. Full service manuals from 1998 to 2009, and owner's manuals from 2003 to 2009. The data contained within is dated Sep 29, 2008 This is set up as a Windows XP VM that can run on the free (and included) VMware Player. It is already configured and cracked once you start the VM. Service information can be browsed by model year, make, and model, as well as VIN. Enjoy!

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ace1875 said:
not me.

Try this

This is a goldmine of GM factory service info. It contains TSBs and service campaigns going back to 1980. Full service manuals from 1998 to 2009, and owner's manuals from 2003 to 2009. The data contained within is dated Sep 29, 2008 This is set up as a Windows XP VM that can run on the free (and included) VMware Player. It is already configured and cracked once you start the VM. Service information can be browsed by model year, make, and model, as well as VIN. Enjoy!

The link didnt give me a 404. the file gave me a 404. I was using BTtornado. I have Finaltorret on anohter computer and that seems to be working

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got this working and played around with it a bit. The GM Setup file extracts some VMWare virtual disk files. It includes the free VMWare player, but it's an old version, so downloading the current one will save some time. Anyone who visited the online Chilton's manual thread, will recognize this as pretty much the same web based format. Here's a couple screen shots.

Main Screen
Clip_1.jpg

Loading DB files
Clip_2.jpg

Main Menu
Clip_3.jpg

After navigating to an area...
Clip_4.jpg

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Just got it work to my self, the download took about 16 hours. Where as the one i posted took about 2(I joined for a month) This is another very useful tool. Wish I had access to an industrial printer, so I could print all this out for my self :tongue:

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
I have one of these original discs when I had a Ford. Was awesome having every platform on one disc. I purchased a GM service manual disc off Ebay but it was a burned copy. Decided not to use it as it could be infected. I also have somewhere smaller Ford cd's that are vehicle specific. If anyone needs one drop me a line and I'll try and locate.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Just got this sumbitch installed. Thanks for sharing!:thankyou:

No probelm. If any one comes across something like this but for Ford I would really appreacte it as well. I am looking to pick up an SN95 mustang in the next few months, and I think it could come in handy

nevermind. I found them. Ford like to break them up in to smaller years, so it makes it easier to dl.. eerrrr.... I mean buy

goldude

Feb 15, 2014
Me007gold said:

the download took overnight but no problem doing so
however, i have no clue how to get to all that data :crazy:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
goldude said:
the download took overnight but no problem doing so
however, i have no clue how to get to all that data :crazy:

Are you talking about the one I posted, or from the original link?

goldude

Feb 15, 2014
Blckshdw said:
Are you talking about the one I posted, or from the original link?

Originally Posted by Ace1875

not me.

Try this

WELL, I CLICKED ON THE "TRY THIS" LINK AND WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD 6.33 GIGs OF DATA. If I click on the file, instead of some kind of viewer I get my default CD burner program popping up. I do have a DVD burner on this desktop but I'm not sure a blank DVD will even hold 6.33 GIGs. And if one will and I burnd the data to it, I'm still not sure how to view the data. I mean, if I can get this to work it will be a BLESSING FROM ABOVE :smile:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
goldude said:
Originally Posted by Ace1875

not me.

Try this

WELL, I CLICKED ON THE "TRY THIS" LINK AND WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD 6.33 GIGs OF DATA. If I click on the file, instead of some kind of viewer I get my default CD burner program popping up. I do have a DVD burner on this desktop but I'm not sure a blank DVD will even hold 6.33 GIGs. And if one will and I burnd the data to it, I'm still not sure how to view the data. I mean, if I can get this to work it will be a BLESSING FROM ABOVE :smile:

Yeah, that's the same one I posted. It's a DVD image, you don't necessarily need to burn it to a physical disc, if you use a program that can make a virtual CD/DVD drive (Magic ISO, PowerISO, Virtual Clone Drive for some examples), you can use it directly from your hard drive which is MUCH faster. Mount the ISO image to your virtual drive, and run the setup/install. Once it does it's thing, you'll get an icon on your desktop, running that, you'll get the screenshots I shared in post #6 :thumbsup:

Essa89

Apr 13, 2021
Norway
Got this working and played around with it a bit. The GM Setup file extracts some VMWare virtual disk files. It includes the free VMWare player, but it's an old version, so downloading the current one will save some time. Anyone who visited the online Chilton's manual thread, will recognize this as pretty much the same web based format. Here's a couple screen shots.

Main Screen
Clip_1.jpg

Loading DB files
Clip_2.jpg

Main Menu
Clip_3.jpg

After navigating to an area...
Clip_4.jpg
Any chance of getting a download link to a ISO file? TPB In norway is banned many years ago uuggh,,,,

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Any chance of getting a download link to a ISO file? TPB In norway is banned many years ago uuggh,,,,

Ahh, you're in the wrong thread my friend. This is the one you want :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online