Amazon Product $98.00 Actron CP-7669 Inspection Scope and Camera with Hand Grip

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I've decided to skip any and all Guess-Work when trying to confirm that when I swap in the New Beehive Valve Springs on my LS-LM7 Engine... I am able to ABSOLUTELY Confirm that each Piston is Right at Top Dead Center before performing the work.

THIS Dedicated Actron CP-7669 Inspection Scope and Camera with Hand Grip will make this job easier and Faster. Also ... With all of the Inspections needed to determine the conditions of Cylinder Walls and other tight places in and around the GM 4.2L, 5.3L & 6L Engines in our GM Trucks, Trailblazers and Envoys... THIS Device would make doing so just as EZ. It is On-Sale with some Modest Savings here fro $97.99 @Amazon:

Highlights:

• Actron's Video Inspection Scope is the perfect tool for saving you time by not having to remove tires or engine components to inspect, retrieve, move, or help find items in hard to access spaces

• Compact 9mm Camera allows for inspection through many spark-plug holes - perfect for inspecting cylinders, valves, diesel injectors & glow plug ports without time consuming/expensive engine tear down
  • View behind body panels and under the dashboard, examine for corrosion and wear in hard-to-see areas, inspect fluid lines for leaks, examine brake and suspension components without tire/wheel removal
  • Included magnet and hook help you find and retrieve dropped screws, bolts, or metallic particles using the camera as a guide; mirror provides right angle views with 180-degree view change option
  • Features: 2.4-inch color LCD screen w/8 levels of contrast, LED power & low battery indicators, 3-foot flexible camera tube, 9mm waterproof camera w/6 levels of brightness for target illumination, magnet, hook clip, & mirror

ACTR4ONCP7669SCOPE1.jpgACTR4ONCP7669SCOPE3.jpgACTR4ONCP7669SCOPE2.jpg

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's junk. I have the exact same one but branded Princess Auto. Image quality is meh. When I was wiping the camera head, it pulled out and now the light doesn't work. Better off just getting a USB one that is 50' long and waterproof to also do drain scoping at 1/3 the price.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks for the 'hands on experience' when describing the Poor Performance of the Acton Tool. But presently, if the one I ordered only manages to poke through each Spark Plug Hole and View The Tops of the Pistons inside of my LM7 Engine well enough to confirm TDC ...Eight Times In A Row... I'll be very satisfied with just that. The 50' USB Optical Coil you suggest looks like a MUCH Better deal...with much more "flexibility" in what it can do! :>)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It's junk. I have the exact same one but branded Princess Auto. Image quality is meh. When I was wiping the camera head, it pulled out and now the light doesn't work. Better off just getting a USB one that is 50' long and waterproof to also do drain scoping at 1/3 the price.

Nice to have real data and not some random I think this is good so I post up to potentially let others get screwed.

Maybe we should limit this section and not post things without actual knowledge and experience of the product. Be safer for all our memebers.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We have seen some bad stuff get posted, like fake ACDelco plugs. Sometimes good deals aren't.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The First Rule for Buying ANYTHING should always be:

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer... Beware)

But if the Distinction about only being able to suggest any possible "Good Deals" is that The Buyer MUST have some prescient knowledge about its, quality, utility and durability beforhand... That Makes NO Sense. But my actions in THIS particular regard more that meet that criteria for One Simple Reason... Instead of 'Running My Mouth" ... I Just Put My Money ...Where My Mouth is... Instead.

I actually PURCHASE and USE ALL of the things I post up in the eBay and Amazon Sub-Forums as Suggested Items to Buy... I don't just make the half-fast suggestions for others to do so. I think the REAL distinction about this matter should be this: People who have NOT actually bought and used these devices should refrain from making 'random' comments about how BAD This or That item must be... without their actually having Made The Same Purchase.

Since I'm being challenged on all these issues in THIS particular Thread, at this point, the only two people really qualified to make any personal judgements about this Tool are Me ...and Mooseman. I'll make mine now:

(1) I've actually BOUGHT and and have USED this Tool.
(2) I've Tested the Tool for its Functionality and Operational Abilities. It works Great.
(3) I've Documented the Tool IN USE using Digital Images as PROOF of that Functionality.
(4) For the purposes of my own experiences with this purchase, I'm VERY Satisfied with this Tool.
(5) Based upon my own personal, hands on experience, I'm actually qualified to make this judgement.
(6) @Mooseman 's experience with this Purchase was a negative one... Mine has been nothing but Positive.
(7) The images I took of the Tool in Action... Speak for themselves.

ACTONBORECAMERA2.jpegACTONBORECAMERA3.jpegACTONBORECAMERA5.jpegACTONBORECAMERA6.jpegACTONBORECAMERA10.jpegACTONBORECAMERA11.jpegACTONBORECAMERA12.jpegACTONBORECAMERA14.jpegACTONBORECAMERA15.jpegACTONBORECAMERA17.jpegACTONBORECAMERA18.jpegACTONBORECAMERA19.jpegACTONBORECAMERA20.jpegACTONBORECAMERA21.jpegACTONBORECAMERA23.jpegACTONBORECAMERA24.jpegACTONBORECAMERA4.jpegACTONBORECAMERA8.jpeg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We have seen some bad stuff get posted, like fake ACDelco plugs. Sometimes good deals aren't.

True. I do think it would be a good policy to not post "deals" of such until receiving and inspecting/using said items.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online