97x ignition problem

Dpitts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Atlanta
My 97x will not crank most of the time and the dash light with the car and lock icon is lit. It will start randomly when I don't expect it to start!🤷
The key fits in the ignition loosely but it has been that way for the 2 years I've owned it so I don't know if it's normal. My guess is bad ignition switch but any guidance would be appreciated. Also, when it doesn't crank the compressor doesn't come on when the key is in position. Thanks in advance

Dpitts

Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Atlanta
My 97x will not crank most of the time and the dash light with the car and lock icon is lit. It will start randomly when I don't expect it to start!🤷
The key fits in the ignition loosely but it has been that way for the 2 years I've owned it so I don't know if it's normal. My guess is bad ignition switch but any guidance would be appreciated. Also, when it doesn't crank the compressor doesn't come on when the key is in position. Thanks in advance
I think I found the issue. The responder in the fob was out of it's place.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, this is a problem I have had and another member also had. It happens sometimes when the battery is replaced and that capsule decides to escape.

Reactions: Dpitts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online