FOR SALE 60k XUV

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
What's with the angled photo's? Plus, he needs to take pics with the tailgate in its various configurations to show that it actually does work.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
And no mention or pics of the engine and which engine is it? then 50 pictures of the seats ... :confused:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
IMHO avoid is right with NLA parts specific to this thing that was produced for just what, 2 years?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would rock it,,,,, If it had a V8, which it doesnt.

Its almost the twin to mine, color, and interior. But no V8, No deal.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
IMHO avoid is right with NLA parts specific to this thing that was produced for just what, 2 years?

Yep - 2004 -5. The thing even had specific seat patterns, both in cloth (g*dawful) *and* leather.

That might be the reason the owner didn't show off the tailgate, roof, and midgate? Or he's just not too bright. Given the miles & 'scarcity', he should play that up, to attract interest (and 'justify' his price)

@TollKeeper - how'd you know it has the I6? (does yours have the 'V8' fender badges, like my XL?) Don't tell me you contacted him... lmao :dielaugh:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Nope, did not contact them. The XUV DOES get the V8 badges, and in my opinion, sit a little different than the I6. But I think thats just a me thing.

If it had a V8, I would actually contact them. I would love another XUV with low miles.... WITH a V8. But no I-6, ever.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If it had a V8, I would actually contact them. I would love another XUV with low miles.... WITH a V8. But no I-6, ever.

Wow, you're really hard set on a V8. I would have loved a TB with a V8 but when this low miles rust free one came up, I jumped on it.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Admittedly, I am pretty dead set on the V-8 Models, But I even limit myself with them (I.E. No DOD if I can help it). I just like my vehicle to be as simple as possible, and the V-8 for me fits the bill. The only way I would get anything newer these days is if it had a warranty. I like being able to work on things, and understand how they work. The V8 in my Envoy, I can, but its at the limits of my knowledge. I even understand how the DOD works on the newer models, and I also understand why I dont want one LOL!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I can understand your preference for the V8 -- it *is* a simpler motor, and being based on the old SBC, there's been plenty of time to assimilate the knowledge. I'm biased that way, too. In my Sierra, I'd accept nothing else, and if I were totally ignorant of the LL8, I'd prolly pick the V8 again, in a 360. For what it returns in price / performance / reliability, there's really nothing that compares to the SBC / LS, period. It's been 65 YEARS since Ed Cole sketched that thing up, and it's still being used today.

But -- since I know about the LL8 now, don't plan on (seriously) towing w/ my Voy anymore, and knowing there's a wealth of info here about it (along w/ parts availability), I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a low mile I6, personally. JMHO, of course :smile:

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Nope, did not contact them. The XUV DOES get the V8 badges, and in my opinion, sit a little different than the I6. But I think thats just a me thing.

Good eye, the seller says that it is a 6 cyl. 😷 (being safe)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher