60-70mph Shake

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I'm getting some steering wheel shimmy when I'm on the highway doing 65mph +/-

What kind of things could be the cause of this. Any faster or slower and it totally goes away. I'm hoping its something simple like I need to rebalance my tires. Is that the most likely cause? Might there be others?
The tires are beefyish tread 265s, they are a few years old and they have fairly low miles on them, I only do about 7k a year.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Are they Cooper discoverer ATs?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've actually got the same thing happening on my EXT. Same sized tires, few years old. Yokohamas though. The majority of my driving is city, so I don't get that fast very often.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I was going to say, the cooper's on my TB would flat spot. Driving for a while they'd true back up and flat spot again if it sat for more than 10 minutes...

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I was going to say, the cooper's on my TB would flat spot. Driving for a while they'd true back up and flat spot again if it sat for more than 10 minutes...
HMMM thats interesting. I don't drive every day, sometimes I go several days without driving. I'll have to pay attention to that and see how it goes before I bring it in to the shop

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online