NEED HELP 507 code & poor gas mileage

Twisted

Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Chicago
I have an 05 EXT 4x4 4.2 so far new plugs ( iridiums ) both 02s cleaned TB & all other codes are gone ,,,now this p0507 ,,,oh yea I'm new here form the other site ,,,,seems to be no knowledge there ,,,,I'm hearing it all came here

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Twisted

Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Chicago
As I can usually hear them No I really haven't but will ,,,prob. Not today though ,,,,it's raining &I no garage space

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you disconnect the battery for at least 30 min?

Twisted

Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Chicago
yes I did disconnect the batt. Over nite since I did the job but while I did the work I just unplugged the TB ,,,but while I cleaned the TB I don't know why I thought it was necessary to in bout &I remove the throttle plate hope /don't think that caused any problems & I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to get to it ( not my only ride ) ,,,,thanks everyone for quick response

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
P0507
Circuit Description
The throttle actuator control (TAC) motor is controlled by the powertrain control module (PCM). The DC motor located in the throttle body drives the throttle plate. In order to decrease idle speed, the PCM commands the throttle closed reducing air flow into the engine and the idle speed decreases. In order to increase idle speed, the PCM commands the throttle plate open allowing more air to pass the throttle plate. If the actual idle RPM does not match the desired idle RPM within a calibrated time, this DTC sets.

less air, less idle speed. Is throttle plate upside down or backwards maybe?
more air, more idle speed. Vacuum leak?

Twisted

Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Chicago
I was kinda thinking ,,,,witch way does the throttle plate go back in while putting it back togeather hmm and seem to have forgotten about that,,,how can I be sure witch way it is suposta go ??? Ty

Twisted

Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Chicago
Well I flipped the throttle plate &a it idles better but now I'm getting a code p1516 haven't driven it at this point ( worried about the throttle body ) hope it's not anything major ,,,,

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd just replace the throttle body at this point. You could pick one up in a pick-n-pull fairly cheap. As long as nothing is rattling inside, it should be good. Just don't take the blade off when you clean it. Just spray, tooth brush, wipe with rag and air is all you need.

Thread moved to proper section.

Twisted

Original poster
Jan 17, 2018
Chicago
SOLVED ,,,I hope. Today I replaced my ECTS, after finishing up I took her for a spin , while the cruse control light came on Don't know if maybe I bumped it by accident got back home & checked pending codes,,,,& there was a pending code for the temp sensor,,,,after a closer look I noticed it wasn't plugged in all the way ,,,,,after plugging it in ,,,the CC light went off ,the idle dropped a lil & seemed to idle a lil better,,,,,, so far NO CODES PRESENT !!!!! COOL Thanks for ALL a& ANY HELP ,,,,TY !!!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online