5 years ago today

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
anniversary.jpg

I joined Trailvoy! What a long strange trip it's been lol. What started as doing some research for some speaker size clarification turned into something much bigger. I've made some good friends and met a lot of cool people over these last five years. Although we changed our meeting place, the "community" feel is still the same, which is very cool and hip.

This also marks 5 years of owning my TB. I got it a day or two before joining. Here is the only pic I have of it from around that time. The only mods were a radio/ipod and the shorty antenna.

stock.jpg

You know what's BOSS? 5 years later, I'm still doing things to this truck. I think around November I added the EXT braces, and last weekend I installed the dual park tail light boards that I built. Working on the quad turns/quad brakes now. And there's still a lot more I want to do.

So......enough of the rambling lol.....here's to another 5:wootwoot::cool::celebrate::tequila:

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
sounds like you live by the same mentality I do..... I will stop modding what I have the day I trade it in or sale it, the mod bug hit me with my first truck I had, carried on to everything I owned with an engine and wheels, here i am 15 years later and still spending countless hours and dolla dolla bills on something else for one of the modes of transportation I have. Keep up the good work and NEVER get rid of that mod bug

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
couldnt agrree more with the community feeling... ive met some awesome people across many states, most of which will remain my life long friends...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I am with everyone...I will mod and drive my truck till the damn wheels fall off!!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The earthquake machine lives on! lol Im going on my 3rd year of 360 ownership wouldn't have it any other way. Without MAY03 who else would share a c-clamp fascination with me. :rotfl:

This is your song man
[video=youtube;jiFB_v7uHaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFB_v7uHaY&feature=branded[/video]

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
I am with everyone...I will mod and drive my truck till the damn wheels fall off!!

Same! Though depending on the condition of the rest of the truck I might just bolt the wheels back on and keep going :biggrin:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
silvernclean said:
... and drive my truck till the damn wheels fall off!!

When I got married, my wife already had 2 girls. Vehicle wise, we had a Nova and a Chevy PU. With a third kid, we dumped the Nova for a 1 yr old Astro Van. My wife got the van with the A/C and I drove the PU. 10 years later, when my step-father passed away, we sold the '78 PU and bought his '92 Sierra. My wife wanted 'her' PU (read - newer vehicle) back, so I got the Astro as the hand-me-down. Another 10 years later, with 1.5 kids (out of 5) still at home and my wife no longer driving due to MS, the Astro virtually dies pulling into the lot to look at the TrailBlazer. Bought the TB a year old with 14k miles on it. Now, almost 6 years later with 126k miles, the TB is still MINE! In all that time, no one else (besides oil and tire shop guys pulling it in/out of the service bay) has been in the driver seat.

When the wheels fall off, I'll already know which ones will be the replacements.

HUGE :thumbsup: to MAY03LT for 5 years of supporting TB owners.

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Congrats Andrew. It's been an adventure to quite a few of us. I'm right around the corner from 4 years with my TB. Bought it with 7 miles on the Dash on 2-29-2008. Go figure Leap Day!!:biggrin:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
High Voltage said:
How long were you banned for? :raspberry:

3 years, give or take:laugh:

STLtrailbSS said:
Without MAY03 who else would share a c-clamp fascination with me. :rotfl:

For real! Check out this money shot:rotfl:

View attachment 18864

Also, I'm gonna try that song in the TB.

Wyle said:
HUGE :thumbsup: to MAY03LT for 5 years of supporting TB owners.

Awwww shucks....thanks!:tiphat:

Attachments

• 37191_175964369086526_100000188923735_670295_3347181_n.jpg
    37191_175964369086526_100000188923735_670295_3347181_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Happy Anniversary!

I had to go check, it looks like I am coming up on 5 years soon myself.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Damn. It's been a while. Just made me realize my 5 years is coming up in April. Had my truck fo r 6......and hopig for another 6 out of whatever I replace it with next month.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i guess im a noob only being around for 2.5 years this fall will be 3 but still have met a lot of awesome people

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Congrats to all of u!! I just wish I would have bought my voy sooner. As soon as I bought my voy 4wd issue. Googled the issue and joined t.v., then gmtnation after everyone jumped ship. Love this site. Well job done. So I've been on for 2yrs. Yay!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher