Amazon Product 5" Cast Iron "V" Blocks for $31.00 Free S&H

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you get interested in rebuilding virtually ANY engine... Having a stable place to set down the Crankshaft or Steel Axle for examination of Out-Of-Round and/or polishing and clean-up... Using "V" Blocks to elevate the Heavy Cast Iron Cranks or when working with a large piece of Round Stock to drill or manipulate such items is a Godsend... especially when the 5" Heavy Cast Iron Pair are only around $31.00 with Free S&H:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011MBFCT4/?tag=gmtnation-20

419lCNAjkzL.jpg

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I have to laugh at myself just now as only a few minutes ago… These Five Pound “V” Blocks arrived via USPS… and even before I could open the very heavy but compact cardboard box straining at containing its substantial mass, based upon years of training from walking the aisles at Harbor Freight... I could smell the very familiar odor of “Industrial Strength Chinese Machine Oil” which is what you would hope that these Heavy Iron Items were coated in for the long trip over from China to the Good Ol’ USA.

But I was a bit shocked to open the box and see what looked like the familiar Orange-Tan color that a heavy dose of FE2O3 leaves behind on Iron and Steel that has either been exposed to the weather elements, suspended under water, or left sitting alongside some Pre-Cambrian Stromatelites on a rocky outcrop for 2 Billion Years near the ancient coast of Nova Scotia!

But since my Problem Solving Skills are always On Point and On Reconnaissance, well out in front of any negative emotions... this logic barrier anticipates the sensations situations like these when diminished results happen in conflict with having such high expectations. But as I opened things up a little further… I laughed out loud after lifting out these Magnificent, Shiny, Polygonal Chunks of Iron. I realized that what I was looking at were some very well tailored, Origami-like Folds of Light Brown Wax Paper encasing and protecting these symmetrically machined, paired pieces of much needed "Heavy Metal".

After I completely peeled back the oil-saturated Brown Paper, I busted out laughing . I was like a Kid on Christmas morning who’s “Santa” (Dad) just gave him a Robot AI Erector Set. The metal surfaces of these "Machine Shop Book-Ends" were exactly what you would expect for components whose sole purpose exists to support other heavier metal objects and allow them to be smoothly rotated and not damaged.

These were Cool, Smooth, Well Machined Gray Steel or Cast Iron objects heavy enough to stay right where you put them and not fall over when being used. The linked photos will speak for themselves… but for those who had enough confidence in my suggestion to buy these things: Trust Me… You will NOT be the least bit disappointed in your decision to pull the trigger and get them: ;>)

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60...NGINEREPAIR/CRANKSHAFTPOLISHING?sort=3&page=1

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Soo.. I guess you like them....:2thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online