4x4 service light

Hawkce541

Original poster
Apr 28, 2021
Clarksville, TN
I was having a problem with driving for about an hour to an hour and a half and then the engine would shut off and wouldn't restart until it cooled down. They found that the fuse block in the engine compartment was shorting out. They replaced that and it runs fine now, but since I got it back from them the 4x4 service light is on and it won't shift out of 2HI. I haven't tried to read any codes on it yet, but I thought I would get some input first.

Thanks in advance,
Hawk

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I was having a problem with driving for about an hour to an hour and a half and then the engine would shut off and wouldn't restart until it cooled down. They found that the fuse block in the engine compartment was shorting out. They replaced that and it runs fine now, but since I got it back from them the 4x4 service light is on and it won't shift out of 2HI. I haven't tried to read any codes on it yet, but I thought I would get some input first.

Thanks in advance,
Hawk
To proceed in a reasonable fashion will require reading the TCCM modules codes.

Sometimes the TCCM will disable shifting in response to a code that has enabled the service 4wd light so being stuck in 2hi is somewhat normal if the service 4wd light is on.

If you do not have access to a scanner that can read the TCCM codes you could try resetting the TCCM by removing the ATC fuse from the underhood fuseblock for a short time then reinstall it. It is likely the service 4wd light will come back at some point, either immediately if it is a current fault, or at some later time if the issue is intermittent.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online