4x4 issue

Mbenoy-19

Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Wisconsin
Hello, I have done a lot of searching the forum to find a thread with my exact symptom, but have not found one so I decided to post. When I turn the key on, all the lights on the selector switch light up then it goes to just the 2hi light. It is in 2hi. If I move the switch, it doesn’t change, just stays lit solid on 2hi. No flashing. The Service 4WD light is on all the time. I bought the vehicle this way. My first guess was the switch itself, but I swapped a known working switch in and no change. My second thought is the TCCM. I can only assume it is either that, the TC Shift motor or a wiring issue. I don’t have a scan tool that can communicate with the transmission. I also don’t have access to another TCCM to try. So, I am wondering if anyone has experienced this? I don’t want to throw hundred dollar bills at it if I can help it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Could just be dust on the terminals, you have to exercise the switch occasionally. With the key off, turn the switch all the way forward and back 15-20 times. Not just over to A4WD or 4hi, but all the way over to 4lo, and past. Need to make sure the key is off thou and that RAP is also off (after key is off, open the door, count to 4, and close door).

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If there is a fault detected right at start up, it won't do anything until it's fixed. Getting the code(s) will help pinpoint the issue.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Or you could get a bluetooth ELM327 adapter and use the Car Gauge Pro app on Android.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online