4wd to AWD

MaroonMonsterLS1

Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Iowa
Hi Guys,
I have an 07 envoy with 4wd
I picked up a TBSS transfer case for a decent deal and would really prefer the all time AWD

Has anybody done this swap?
Does anyone know how to eliminate the TCCM and have the dash not display "stabilitrak" messages

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

MaroonMonsterLS1

Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Iowa
I want to swap from the 226 in my envoy to the 120/126 that is in the tbss
Torsen T3 style transfer case.
Full time AWD, normally 66R/33F power bias, can swing either way instantly based on traction with 0 electronic control.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It certainly is an interesting project. If the transfer case dimensions are the same regarding the outputs, it should work quite nicely. Only thing really is to eliminate the service 4x4 light. Two ways of doing it I guess, A) reprogram the BCM with programming from a 2WD model or, the way easier way, B) remove the LED for that light in the cluster.

MaroonMonsterLS1

Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Iowa
Flashing the BCM would be best so I could keep stabilitrak.
Any idea on how to go about doing this?
Essientially just flashing BCM to ignore the TCCM

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Stabilitrak should be unaffected by the 4x4 or AWD system. Flashing the BCM is not a trivial thing and would require you to also flash a multitude of other modules with it. Required is a Tech 2 or other device to allow you to do this. And if I'm not mistaken, you have to flash it to a VIN of a truck that was 2WD with the same options as yours. Too complicated compared to just ripping out the LED.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online