4WD Switch Gapping Hole

floridafitz

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Trying to get creative in designing a GMC or DENALI insignia cover for the 4WD switch cavernous opening in the dash of my 2WD Envoy. Any ideas?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is one for the TB. You could get one and get a GMC wheel cap badge on eBay and stick it on. Or just gut the switch and stick the badge on it.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I'd try and .move the rear wiper / washer switch assy into that spot; the default spot leaves a lot to be desired from an ergonomic/ safety perspective.
IIRC, the wiring / connector might be a tough stretch - but I would move it if I didnt have the 4wd switch.

actually, now that I think about this, I should see if I can swap them...hmm...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could think about putting a gauge in there.

That's a great idea. I was gonna say put a real oil pressure gauge but they are already real on the V8.

Reactions: Matt

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
That's a great idea. I was gonna say put a real oil pressure gauge but they are already real on the V8.

Instead of a oil pressure gauge, maybe they could add an LED to indicate when it goes in/out of V4 mode? If that's even possible.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It could be possible by tapping into one of the solenoids that deactivates the valve lifters. But AFM should just be permanently disabled.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online