FOR SALE 4wd Disconnect $75

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhondastyle07x

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Replaced my disconnect when I did my cv shafts for preventative maintenance. Opened it up to check all internals were good and relubed. $75 plus your shipping costs. Out of a 2005 TB. Comes with working actuator motor.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Great price - I see new ones online for $300 - $400 and up (not counting CCC on the Bay.) And that's without the actuator motor.

Tempting...but mine is still good (knock on wood!)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Great price - I see new ones online for $300 - $400 and up (not counting CCC on the Bay.) And that's without the actuator motor.

Tempting...but mine is still good (knock on wood!)
The eBay ones are proving to be the best replacements actually.

xhondastyle07x

Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
$60 plus your shipping cost and it can yours. Have peace of mind knowing you have a spare ready and not get price gouged.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
The eBay ones are proving to be the best replacements actually.

This has got to be the first time on this forum that I've seen a non-OEM part favored over OEM (except for the Hayden fan clutches).
I'll take a look at the ones on eBay, now that you mention that. Although if I had need, I think I'd still go with the OP's offer. I just don't use 4WD enough to justify having a spare right now (I use it perhaps 3-5x in a year, at least currently.)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Doesn't matter if you use it or not. It spins with the wheel and axle so the bearing gets wear. That's why a good lube is important. It would wear more if you leave it in AWD mode a lot as it would be engaged.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Right - but if it goes south, I can still drive in 2WD.

I like have my vehicles in as good a running order as possible, but since I currently never leave pavement or frequent boat launches, it wouldn't sideline me if it went. The greater need for me right now is the axle shafts (pass. side is leaking, although the boot looks fine.)
I know - that would be the perfect time to do the disconnect - and that's my plan. So it will get some 'loving' soon :loveintheair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online