4L60e 1997 yukon 4wd

johnnyz28

Original poster
Oct 4, 2024
London Kentucky
I have a 4wd 1997 Gmc yukon slt with a 5.7 and a 4l60e trans i had it hooked to my buddy's mac tool scanner trying to figure out why it wont shift from 3 to 4 and so on it threw P0719 tcc/brake switch b low circuit so changed that because i know 4l60e wont shift right with that well it still hasnt when it goes to try to shift to 3 rd it almost actes like it goes into natural jumps rpms from like for a example 2000 rpm to 4000 to 4500 rpm but still pulling can not get it to shift thoughts please im almost to the point of saying its toast but i want to learn more about transmissions i can do everything thing else when it comes to build cars but have very little knowledge of a transmission thanks for any help

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation....

Give these Dudes a Call during normal Business Hours @ (989) 891-9212 and run those symptoms by the people who encounter such issues every day... and know their way around the 4L60E A4 Transmission's *Innards* ...like the Backs Of Their Hands:

PS: They are located in the Central Michigan Area

4L60E-1-PIECE-2.jpg

johnnyz28

Original poster
Oct 4, 2024
London Kentucky

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Start with a visual of all the wires & connectors going to the transmission followed by a check on the grounds. Make sure the ground wires are not corroded and the connections to the frame are free of rust/corrosion. Detailed wiring diagrams can be found at the link below:

Home >> GMC Truck >> 1997 >> Yukon 4WD V8-5.7L VIN R >> Repair and Diagnosis

From there, drill down into the appropriate diagrams:
Diagrams > Electrical Diagrams > Transmission Control Systems > 4L60-E Automatic Transmission

Looks like there are two brake switch diagrams so I would review both.

Last edited:

johnnyz28

Original poster
Oct 4, 2024
London Kentucky

johnnyz28

Original poster
Oct 4, 2024
London Kentucky
Start with a visual of all the wires & connectors going to the transmission followed by a check on the grounds. Make sure the grounds wires are not corroded and the connections to the frame are free of rust/corrosion. Detailed wiring diagrams can be found at the link below:

Home >> GMC Truck >> 1997 >> Yukon 4WD V8-5.7L VIN R >> Repair and Diagnosis

From there, drill down into the appropriate diagrams:
Diagrams > Electrical Diagrams > Transmission Control Systems > 4L60-E Automatic Transmission

Looks like there are two brake switch diagrams so I would review both.
Thank you so much ill start looking tonight let yall know what i find

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chappymate

Members Online