400hp at the crank on a 4200

gmc4flash

Original poster
Mar 25, 2015

did not know if anyone else has seen this... so I thought I would post it.

Reactions: seanpooh

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
That *was* cool! Now I know why the head bolts are so susceptible to breaking. And they're Allen head bolts? OMG... SMH. Wonder if ARP makes replacements (guessing not, or these two guys would've used them, more than likely). And that 6 to 1 collector is pure sex. Shame it gets hidden.

Anyone notice that Jeremy ( @limequat ) helped with this build ? (he supplied the wiring harness)

@gmc4flash -- do you have a M/T sub? I was surprised to be able to see the whole episode.
(if you do have a sub, PM me, please. Thanks!)

Last edited:
Reactions: limequat

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
lol, to be fair, @limequat DID post about this yesterday :raspberry: I haven't watched it yet, but plan to.

Reactions: limequat

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
That *was* cool! Now I know why the head bolts are so susceptible to breaking. And they're Allen head bolts? OMG... SMH. Wonder if ARP makes replacements (guessing not, or these two guys would've used them, more than likely). And that 6 to 1 collector is pure sex. Shame it gets hidden.

Anyone notice that Jeremy ( @limequat ) helped with this build ? (he supplied the wiring harness)

@gmc4flash -- do you have a M/T sub? I was surprised to be able to see the whole episode.
(if you do have a sub, PM me, please. Thanks!)

I noticed :smile:
I sent them the inj harness, a PCM, some connectors, the up-pipe, maf flange, and some other exhaust flanges. Of course, they're not gonna show all of that in a 25 min episode.

The guys at Motor Trend are super cool. Tony called me personally to ask about the parts and to talk about his build. I get the feeling it's Tony and Lucky browsing forums like this that inspired the build.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dammit, thwarted again! I don't have a subscription. I guess I'll have to try and find it on the dark web.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Moose... I was able to click on both of the links above and watch them in their entirety (they link to the M/T site, not YT) See if they'll work, if you haven't clicked on them.

I asked the OP to PM me (as shown above), so I could ask him about maybe posting the 2GG episode you and I have been chatting about, but no response.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Must be a Canada thing :mad: . I'm gonna start looking at a VPN.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Watched this free the other day. Doesn't work today....even with a VPN. I should have capped this when I had the chance. Honestly though, your not missing much.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Need a subscription. It's free for 14 days but don't like giving my credit cad info for nothing. That other one for the 9-7x was cable sub based and my Canadian provider wasn't listed.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Some of the Motor Trend shows went to Discovery Velocity on Canadian cable....but Hot Rod Garage isn't one of them. Add to that, MToD has been clawing back and cancelling foreign MT subs as far back as 2018 from what I've read so far. I'll keep digging.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online