4 and 5 star movie/series suggestions

v7guy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
A five star movie/series, think about it. A movie/series that changed your perception,outlook,thoughts. A movie/series that made you think differently about life. It's shot well, the story is told fantastically and the acting is phenomenal. I have a lot of four star movies... movies you need to watch... Creep, Alien, Hellraiser, My first mister, Descent, Jarhead. For series, Better off Ted, Dexter,Homeland. These are just recent movies/series. All were very influential. The only 5 stars I can suggest is Battlestar Galactica... and it's a series and maybe Sunshine.
But is there a movie/series that has really changed things for you, a genuine 5 star?
Is there a movie that you think is reqired watching... 4 star?
Lets see the exceptional movie/series suggestions.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
The Walking Dead!! AWESOME series..., and my brother would say Sons of Anarchy... and I heard Rescue Me was good too..

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Boricua SS said:
The Walking Dead!! AWESOME series..., and my brother would say Sons of Anarchy... and I heard Rescue Me was good too..

With the exception of the mid-season finally, Walking dead was a bore this season, way to much time at the farm/looking for sophie.

24 is an awesome series... I liked how each week (episode) was skillfully crafted to the previous episode. I have started watching it again for the 2nd time on Netflix.

LOST is another good series. It left you on the edge of your seat in every episode and always left you wanting more, and also liked how they tied it into the internet for clues and different ways to tie you into the island.

Steve

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No offense, but this is going to be highly subjective. I have already seen some things named here that I would maybe call two stars. Hopefully this does not turn downhill.

It is a good topic though. I will need to make a list to share.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
With the exception of the mid-season finally, Walking dead was a bore this season, way to much time at the farm/looking for sophie.

Agreed on that one...

HARDTRAILZ said:
No offense, but this is going to be highly subjective. I have already seen some things named here that I would maybe call two stars. Hopefully this does not turn downhill.

It is a good topic though. I will need to make a list to share.

That exactly why I didn't indulge too much into my tastes.. like I love all things Vampire, Werewolves, Witches, Ghosts, etc.. but most people wouldn't consider that 4-5 Star.. and most of my movies are comedy or Horror, so really not "life influencing" but hey, I like um! Lol

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
v7guy said:
A movie/series that made you think differently about life.

Forrest Gump. When this movie premiered, I would say my life had no direction. I've always considered myself a smart guy and a hard worker, but my efforts weren't focused in any direction. If someone like Forrest with a sub-average IQ could be successful in life simply by participating in the events that came his way, why couldn’t I? The only reason I wasn't successful was ME, I couldn't blame anyone else.
This movie helped me realize that being smart and working hard doesn't matter if you don't take advantage of the opportunities that life presents. Since then I've graduated college, started a successful (if somewhat bumpy) career, married my wife and became a father to a beautiful little girl.
If you don't "seize the day" then you're nothing but a spectator in life. Carpe Diem.

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
For the sake of not picking any ol' favorities, i would say:

movie: Hotel Rwanda - this movie will leave you with a feeling inside that is too indescribable (i know i spelled that wrong) for words. it is an amazing and compelling story with horrific circumstances. Some people cannot watch this a second time (i have watched it a few times). By the way, this is not even on my list of favorite movies even though it was really good. but it is by far a 4 or 5 star movie.

series: The Wire - this series was amazing and the best cable show... period. the series was full of many characters but the show was not about the characters (not directly anyway); but rather about a certain baltimore city issue/environment.. and then they filled it with the characters. this series was simply amazing and well done. hbo tried to not keep showing it, but each time it would eventually return for another season (each new season made us wait at least 1 1/2 years :no:). 5 seasons of great baltimore city storytelling. Season 4 was the best. Holla at the Wire.

series: Lost - one may beg to differ but this was one of the best shows ever. you had to keep your mind totally open to imagination. you also had to just go with the flow and understand that everything can't be understood... you just had to accept it and go with it. it was so great because it wasn't a typical show where you totally figure something out. this show really left a lot up to the viewers thoughts and imagination. even when some things were revealed, they were never really totally revealed enough to make sense. and you just had to go with that throughout the 7 seasons... all the way to the end. some people thought the ending/last episode(s) were weak. i thought it did not need that last season; but since they made a 7th season, it ended the only way it could. Shout out to Alcatraz.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
v7guy said:
Better off Ted

Oh man I miss Better Off Ted. We didn't have a lot of time together but what we had was truly something special... similarly, there is a hole in my heart in the shape of Firefly.

For me, the most recent movie with an impact was (I am serious, don't laugh) Friends With Benefits, with mila kunis and justin timberlake. The earliest movie I can recall influencing me was Pump Up the Volume with Christian Slater.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Generation Kill A great series that follows shock troop marines going to the middle east after the events of 9/11 its not a war series just an awesome true story. Made closely with the actual marines, even with some of them playing themselves in the series. It follows the whole rush into Baghdad and all the crap that they had to go through.REAL stories that changed my view on armed forces and realized how they operate and all the sh*t they go through and its all done by HBO so its in good hands. You have to see it!

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Steve A said:
24 is an awesome series...

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Watched 4 episodes of season 7 last night. My first exposure to 24 was renting episodes 1-8 of season 1 way back when. 7 hours later I was returning them and getting disks 3 and 4.

Steve A said:
LOST is another good series.

:thumbsup: Watched the entire series last summer/fall.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online