4.2 turbo in 1950's chevy pick up

million-miles

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Was surfing youtube and found a 1950's pick up that was said to have been on trailvoy.

Here is the clip if anyone has any info on the eternal engine mods.

[video=youtube;qn6Do9gCbRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn6Do9gCbRA[/video]

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
I have mixed feelings about this. I love the turbo 4.2. I love the pickup too, but I'm not so sure about the combo. I guess I just don't get it. It sure is unique though.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
That's Marc aka efi-diy's truck.

Its an 06+ engine built with low compression (think 9:1), custom cams, and running MegaSquirt 3. Oh, and a big turbo. :cool:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
That sucker is a sleeper! Awesome!

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Don't mean to revive a dead thread here, but this truck deserves way more attention than it gets here. I have seen it on Youtube before I saw it here, and I think it is super cool. Everybody and their brother who builds one of these trucks throws a big V8 in it and can make it scream down the track, sure! Heck, with the funds and a little time even I could do it that way, but this truck is paying homage to what it was (most all of these came with some sort of straight 6 engine stock) while still delivering HUGE performance. It's unique and it works, I like it! :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't mean to revive a dead thread here, but this truck deserves way more attention than it gets here. I have seen it on Youtube before I saw it here, and I think it is super cool. Everybody and their brother who builds one of these trucks throws a big V8 in it and can make it scream down the track, sure! Heck, with the funds and a little time even I could do it that way, but this truck is paying homage to what it was (most all of these came with some sort of straight 6 engine stock) while still delivering HUGE performance. It's unique and it works, I like it! :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online