4.2 question

Yeti_SS

Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Hey guys, new to this forum. I am looking to do some mods on another trailblazer I'm picking up. This is my daily and I just want more power. I dug around as much as I could and I just want to confirm that as of now we only have tunes, exhaust, and cold air intakes for the 4.2. I just wanna make sure before i explore doing custom things like porting and polishing and things like that. I know these 4.2s won't be a running 11s or anything close. I just want more than stock has to offer. Any recommendations would greatly appreciated!:smile:

Reactions: Capote

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
I t

BlazingTrails said:
You are really only limited by how much money you want to spend. You can do anything to this engine as any other.

Turbo
Header
Intake
Tune
Aluminum intake manifold
Custom grind cams

All about the money :smile:
I thinking he's asking what's commercially available. You can add headers to the list, one company (Kooks) makes them. You can also add ported and polished throttle bodies as a merchant on ebay sells them.

Reactions: Yeti_SS

Yeti_SS

Original poster
Sep 27, 2015
Thanks guys. Yeah idk what my plans are 100% yet. I LOVE turbos and would love to make something work but it would be a lot to do for a daily/work truck but who knows... Everyone gets an itch to just wing it lol. I definitely can't have it stay stock. Probably looking at port and polish, full exhaust, ported TB, Efan, and manifold work with a tune. It's more "realistic" that way. What are the gearing upgrades for the i6?

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
I've seen a turbo up-pipe somewhere available.... Can't remember where now. There's been a couple turbos done here and there. There's a 60's Chevy2 running around with a turbo 4.2 in it. Saw that somewhere... Maybe hotrod magazine.... There's also a thread on here that has a custom supercharged setup that's really sweet.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
limequat said:
I have the up-pipe, as well as injectors, injector harness, and turbo tune.

www.lime-swap.com
Doesn't it say on your site that it is possibly not going to fit in a trailblazer? Can you clear that up? Also do you have one that fits the 2009 manifold because it is a bit different than the other manifolds. The flange is turned in a different position and a different angle.

Thanks Jeremy

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yeti_SS said:
What are the gearing upgrades for the i6?
3.42, 3.73 with the 8.0 you would have...maybe 4.10 is available, but not sure.

4.10 with the 8.6 or 9.5 other available rear diffs were available stock and you could swap one of them to 4.56 aftermarket. The gears aftermarket for the 9.5 can go lower, down to 5.13 I have seen.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
3.42, 3.73 with the 8.0 you would have...maybe 4.10 is available, but not sure.

4.10 with the 8.6 or 9.5 other available rear diffs were available stock and you could swap one of them to 4.56 aftermarket. The gears aftermarket for the 9.5 can go lower, down to 5.13 I have seen.
I have 4.10s with the 8.0. Made a huge difference (started off with 3.42s), I love them.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pittdawg said:
I have 4.10s with the 8.0. Made a huge difference (started off with 3.42s), I love them.
They came stock in a 8.0 or you swapped them in?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
They came stock in a 8.0 or you swapped them in?
I am interested in this as well.

I was trying to find a set for the 8" rear gear a over a year ago to no avail. I do not know of any from the factory?

8.6 I know we're available from the factory with 4.10 but very rare.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
BlazingTrails said:
I am interested in this as well.

I was trying to find a set for the 8" rear gear a over a year ago to no avail. I do not know of any from the factory?

8.6 I know we're available from the factory with 4.10 but very rare.
Pretty sure they were a factory option as the ones I bought from Randy's Ring & Pinion online indicated they were "OEM".

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.