Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Gump2773 said:
Hello all!

New to GMTN and I'm excited to be here!

I am looking to replace a 02 TB 3rd Brake Light.

Will a 07-09 Avalanche Light (part linked below) fit in the TB? I know I will have to wire it in myself. I'm just concerned about the actual part fitting seamlesssly.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm going out on a limb to say yes. I believe I have known someone to put an Avalanche 3rd break light on an Envoy, and the TB's are pretty much the Envoy's brother from a different mother lol I'm not sure what year they did theirs. If it doesn't fit, you can always turn around and sell it. We have a few users here that own Av's.

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Perfect! Ordered and waiting.

Thanks all, for the information.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Me007gold said:
His price is low, but he has some pretty bad feedback, I dont know if I would order from him.

Yeah I am pretty surprised that someone with a 98.5% feedback is a top rated seller

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
Me007gold said:
His price is low, but he has some pretty bad feedback, I dont know if I would order from him.
Ya but if you read the feedback comments it's just things not fitting correctly and they back it up with refunded warranties.

Just ordered me one of the suckers...I let you know what happens! :biggrin:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
IT fits, just did the mod about 3 hours ago. It is pretty crazy that the lights are exactly the same, but I guess the Avalanche has a larger market than the TB. I mean seriously even the little center mounting tab is in the same location. Be nice if it could act as a parking light and a break light.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah GM screwed us with a funny bolt pattern on the wheels but at least they used the same part for the 3rd light :laugh:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I often wonder about some of GM's decisions involving our vehicles. Early TB sunvisors, lug pattern, electro-clutch fan, etc.

Oh well, I still like my truck, even it they are misfits.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sun visors? What about them?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I didn't know that. Mine in my 02 have been fine. But then, for all I know they could have broken and been replaced with the new style before I got it.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Sparky said:
Sun visors? What about them?

The ones with the pressure mounts, I have been fighting them for the last week. They are up now, but I'm not 100% sure they are mounted correctly, they do hold but they have a small gap.

bigtwotone, do the mounts for the screw on ones cover the hole for the hub on the older style ones.

bullguy

Aug 14, 2012
I have modified my 3rd Brake light with led

x4ozv4.jpg

2lmmc8m.jpg

20jrf29.jpg

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
jacking an old thread... found out today that i simply just cant change out the 3rd brake light bulb...damn why would i want to do such a simple cheap thing to do..shame on me... so apparently i have to replace the entire assmbly.. since i have to do that i might as well get one that looks good that i like... so the question is... do i have to change the plug from the avalanch lite? and if so how do i do that..is there a how to some where..cant seem to find it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
LordBear said:
jacking an old thread... found out today that i simply just cant change out the 3rd brake light bulb...damn why would i want to do such a simple cheap thing to do..shame on me... so apparently i have to replace the entire assmbly.. since i have to do that i might as well get one that looks good that i like... so the question is... do i have to change the plug from the avalanch lite? and if so how do i do that..is there a how to some where..cant seem to find it.
:book: GMTNation - Installing an Avalanche LED 3rd Brake light with optional paint mod :coffee: :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jstrut said:
So then this works on the XL and EXT models as well?

Short answer: :yes:

Smart ass answer: Take note of who did the write up, and what wheel base version they drive :raspberry: :wink:

jstrut

Jul 31, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Short answer: :yes:

Smart ass answer: Take note of who did the write up, and what wheel base version they drive :raspberry: :wink:

I did notice that but you know what happens when you assume...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online