3rd Brake Light connecter plug

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So I have a new Avalanche 3rd brake light on the way, I want to make it TRUE plug and play, that way in case I ever need to I can just unhook the good one and put back the old one. Is this the plug I need to buy? the male end is the end going back to the body correct?

12047662 Delphi Connection Systems Automotive Connectors

12047662hs.jpg

img borrowed from blkshdw

IMAG0152.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yes, that's the plug. OR, you could just do what I did, and get a few crimp on quick disconnects. Use a male and female on the Avalanche wiring, do the same on your old stock one (make sure they are crimped on the same way) and then put a pair on the stock wire with the opposite setup. :thumbsup:

Edit: Kinda hard to tell, but do you have to buy the pins for it too? Or does it come with them?

100_0257.jpg

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Yes, that's the plug. OR, you could just do what I did, and get a few crimp on quick disconnects. Use a male and female on the Avalanche wiring, do the same on your old stock one (make sure they are crimped on the same way) and then put a pair on the stock wire with the opposite setup. :thumbsup:

I know i could do that, This just seems easier, Shipping kills it though.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Note 5 lists a terminal number, I couldn't find it in the Mouser catalog though. I didn't see that this plug came with terminals for you to use, but if it does, then yeah that might be easier.

[PDF]http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/12047662.pdf[/PDF]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.