3" Lift on 04 Rainier - help?!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
If I were getting a lift, I'd go with MarkMC's lift. Google The Liftmeister, he makes them specifically for this platform and they are the gold standard. :thumbsup:

Reactions: paul2005tb

JamesL3

Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Matt said:
If I were getting a lift, I'd go with MarkMC's lift. Google The Liftmeister, he makes them specifically for this platform and they are the gold standard. :thumbsup:

Awesome, I'll look into that!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That Ebay vendor is copying Marks kit.

There have been one or two guys run it due to cheap price, but no one knows if it holds up like Mark's proven kits.

Would like to see a lifted Rainier.

Reactions: paul2005tb

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
That Ebay vendor is copying Marks kit.

There have been one or two guys run it due to cheap price, but no one knows if it holds up like Mark's proven kits.
Mark has pretty much the same lift for $20 cheaper.
I don't think you get a full 3" lift in the front with that lift.

Mark lists his as a 2.5" lift.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
navigator said:
Mark has pretty much the same lift for $20 cheaper.
I don't think you get a full 3" lift in the front with that lift.

Mark lists his as a 2.5" lift.

Mark also states he is on the conservatieve side of the lift estimates. Most lift compaies state the best case and call lifts as big as possible. He does not want anyone to say, they got less than advertised but 3 inch is completely possible with this style kit.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Playsinsnow said:
That is the guy I bought mine from, great product but even better service. He answered every question in real time via email saving me countless headaches.

bgipson89

May 21, 2015
I have the supreme suspension lift. I got actual lift of 3" (total change was a lot more due to sagging springs) but I only have it because I get a steal on it ($50 from a buddy)

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Mark the liftmeister knows all the issues with the lifting of our platform. Im proud to have the liftmeister lift kit on my truck.

By the way, I just came back from travel, had to drive a rental car, (a very nice little sports car) for the job for a week. When I got back to the airport and stepped into my lifted TB all I can say is that it felt so great to be up high in my lifted TB.

When driving your 10 year old truck feels better than driving a brand new sports car you know you did the right thing. It is times like these that I think of mark and his product and all the great guys here that give me new ideas on how to make my truck even better.

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My buddy owns a chevy dealership and whenever in my truck he says it is how GM should have built them cause it looks, rides and runs better than any other he was ever in.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Yes, I should thank Chevy, especially for my sturdy frame and drive train, but the placement of that upper control arm knucle/seat leaves me sour from time to time. Not to mention the front axle through the oil pan design.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.