3/4 ton GM pickups

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Got an alert today from Cars.com on a 2004 2500 ext cab w/ the 6.0 gasser. 136K on the clock, and it doesn't look like it was used for anything 'HD' at all. Asking price is just shy of $7500.

Thing is on my way home from work; was thinking of taking a look. Anything specific to look out for, mechanically?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Hubs? That's about the only thing we've done up until now on our hd. Make sure the blower works on all speeds and just the normal gm electrical gremlins. Make sure oil pressure is good at start though. They do have issues with the pickup seals and it having lower than normal pressure.

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Well, I thought I might hav found a diamond in the rough...but it was just rough.

Wasn't terrible - but two things soured me - the rocker panels were rusted on both sides by the rear door (my Voy is amazingly rust-free)
-the truck started life with yellow paint; at some point in it's life, it was repainted white. Not one panel (as if it had been in an accident - the whole truck. Again, not terrible, but one could easily spot the cues (like the inside section of the fuel filler door still yellow, etc.)

For a 13yr old truck, it looked pretty good. But not worth replacing the Envoy with.:nono:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online