2wd dash light not showing up

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Not sure how many here may be bale to help.

2019 new body Sierra Base model.

The other day as i got out of the truck i heard something i hadnt heard before, it was a bunch of whirring sounds. My first thought was "oh shit that sounds like transfer case area sound". The next day started my truck and on the DIC where it normally shows the 2WD logo, there was nothing shown. Got to work turned it off and restarted it and the icon was back. Happened again yesterday. Havent gotten any codes, but was wondering if anyone knows anything about that and i need to get to dealer to check since warranty? I'm assuming its a similar thing from the trailblazer where the switch wouldn't have a light and it means its not communicating with the TCCM.

Added note i didn't try hitting the button for 4wd to see what would happen as i didn't want to risk being stuck in 4wd. I did hit the 2wd button and nothing happened.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Codes? Stealership because it's under warranty...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, this thing is way too new for any of us to even try to think of a diagnosis. Stealer time.

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Yea i figured as much. I gotta get a remote start installed so i'll have them check it out then.

No codes.

Reactions: Matt

Hatchet

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Well it happened again a few days ago. I hit 4hi and the light came on, hit 2hi an it went to 2 hi light. Probably a glitch, hasnt happened again since it warmed up. But will still mention it to the dealership when i go in next.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher