2nd row seat passenger side folds down but does not tumble

matty8412

Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
Canada
I just got my TB Ext back on the road and went to load my son in the 3rd row when i came to a halt. the passenger 2nd row seat will fold down but it wont tumble when pulling up on the handle #2. This is the first time this has happened. I don't see anything jammed in the latch. Anyone have any suggestions?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The few times this happened to me, the seat had gotten closed on something like a napkin, or piece of paper that jammed in there. If the latch area is clear, how does the handle feel when you pull it? Is there the usual resistance (compared to the other seat) or does it feel like it's lifting freely with little resistance?

Reactions: Mooseman

matty8412

Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
Canada
The handle feels the same as the rear driver side seat. Same Resistance and i looked as best as possible to see if there is anything jammed in the locking mechanism and there isn't. Can it be that it got stuck when i had the truck up on a hoist? like twisting or flexing and caused the mechanism to lock up?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lifting the truck wouldn't cause the frame, or body to twist. And if it did, you'd have larger problems to deal with than a stuck seat. Maybe see if you can spray some penetrating fluid, or WD40 into the latch mechanism, and that will free up whatever is stuck? I would try packing some rags or paper towels around the bottom so you don't stain the carpet (if yours is in good shape)

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.