86 KB · Views: 14
  • TrailBlazer-2013-3.jpg
    TrailBlazer-2013-3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 13

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
Is it just me or is there alot the The Traverse look to it??? i am still :undecided:

I see alot of traverse in the front end

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Looks like a cross between a Traverse and a RAV4

kevinwilesjr

Dec 5, 2011
judging by the rear lift gate and the license plate area....could be a European concept of a new Trailblazer....not sure if I like it yet, though....I would feel like I'm driving my mother's Equinox

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
It's the new TB all-right, but they aren't going to sell it here. They are building it in Brazil for the Thailand market. It comes with a 2.8 L diesel. According to a Chevy spokesperson the market for a mid size SUV is comfortably covered by the Traverse and the other (smaller) one. I think they are idiots for getting rid if the TB... But then again I'm a bit biased.
The front end is based off the new Colorado which they ARE going to sell over here.

Go figure.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I saw some mockups but this looks much more 'production ready', and I'm not a fan. I love my TB but I'm sure I'll be on a GMT900 sooner or later of no real midsize becomes available.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would have to go fullsize or buy older and restore. I dont like it.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
willn513 said:
I saw some mockups but this looks much more 'production ready', and I'm not a fan. I love my TB but I'm sure I'll be on a GMT900 sooner or later of no real midsize becomes available.

Don't give them the satisfaction... If you want a midsize, and they don't sell a midsize, buy a midsize from somebody else... I don't want this to sound like an insult, but that kind of mentality is why they got rid of the TB... "Ah, we can get rid of the TB, and they'll just have to buy a fullsize, because they won't go anywhere else".

Mike

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Bartonmd said:
Don't give them the satisfaction... If you want a midsize, and they don't sell a midsize, buy a midsize from somebody else... I don't want this to sound like an insult, but that kind of mentality is why they got rid of the TB... "Ah, we can get rid of the TB, and they'll just have to buy a fullsize, because they won't go anywhere else".

Mike

:iagree:

We don't sell Washington Apples, but we do sell these just as good road apples :no:

mika

Dec 6, 2011
It's a soccer moms car/van.. Sorry that is whatit looks like to me.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
mika said:
It's a soccer moms car/van.. Sorry that is whatit looks like to me.

What’s Wrong With This Picture: No Country For Old-School SUVs Edition | The Truth About Cars

"...as GM’s midsized truck VLE (vehicle line engineer) Brad Merkel puts it

The growing markets of the world want flexibility. That means power and capability combined with comfort and efficiency. TrailBlazer does it all. You can tow anything, go anywhere, comfortably seat seven people, and do so with the fuel efficiency associated with a smaller, less capable vehicle. It’s the complete package

But Americans don’t want any of that. Americans want a nice, car-based Equinox or Traverse. And that’s just what they’ll continue to get…"

WTH...:hissyfit:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
The rear looks like it got slammed by a Semi :undecided:

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
jbones said:
The growing markets of the world want flexibility. That means power and capability combined with comfort and efficiency. TrailBlazer does it all. You can tow anything, go anywhere, comfortably seat seven people, and do so with the fuel efficiency associated with a smaller, less capable vehicle. It’s the complete package

But Americans don’t want any of that. Americans want a nice, car-based Equinox or Traverse. And that’s just what they’ll continue to get…"

WTH...:hissyfit:

I actually kinda like it...however, I have to agree with jbones.. With a forum like ours does it really seem like there isn't a market here for the TB any longer?? :hissyfit::hissyfit:

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Before my dad did the tracked vehicle transmission thing, he was an Engineer at a fan company, that the big-3 purchased fans (and turbochargers) from... He was on lots of cooling trips out to AZ, in these pre-production trucks, and employees of the vehicle companies would ride along (and/or drive) some times... This one particular trip (this was probably 1979), one of the high-ups at GM rode along (crew cab truck, 4 guys), and talked CONSTANTLY about how it was his mission in life at GM to dumb down the trucks, because nobody uses trucks like trucks any more, blah blah blah... Blabbed about this CONSTANTLY from Detriot all the way to AZ, and even while they were there...

When driving down a state highway in AZ, in the middle of one of these rants, they saw a guy in a mid-70's 3/4-ton Chevy pull out of a side road and head up a ~20% grade, WOT/redline in 1st gear, towing what looked to be a 40ft gooseneck flat bed LOADED with scrap metal... He said the trailer probably weighed 25,000#, from the looks of it... This was on a 110 degree day in AZ...

Everybody saw it, and nobody said a word... GM exec guy literally said like 5 words between that moment and the end of the trip...

So yeah... This has been in process since the 70's...

Mike

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
looks like a combination between a new generation equinox and a mercedes m class. :twocents: i think it looks sharp as a vehicle, but doesnt do justice to the original TB, a different name would have been enough of a distinguishing factor.

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Bartonmd said:

Mike

:goodpost::iagree: It seems Gm is always behind Ford, why is it they offer so many different packages-performance variations and GM doesn't.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
TB2k4 said:
looks like a combination between a new generation equinox and a mercedes m class. :twocents: i think it looks sharp as a vehicle, but doesnt do justice to the original TB, a different name would have been enough of a distinguishing factor.

I don't like anything about the looks, aside from the wheels. It just looks like all the other crossover dodo on the market.

But you made me realize it's not the look’s that bugs me, it's more that they used TB name, when it is not a TB. They should have done as you mentioned and gave it a new name, fitting of its kinder gentler crossover appearance.

New thread? "What should have Government Motors named the Asain market TB":biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
07Blazerman said:
:goodpost::iagree: It seems Gm is always behind Ford, why is it they offer so many different packages-performance variations and GM doesn't.

Whoa whoa, at least the thing is BOF and not a crappy unibody crossover like the current "explorer" is.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
http://gmtnation.com/redirect-to/?r...-this-picture-no-country-for-old-school-suvs/

This was one of the comments to the article which sums up GM thinking perfectly:

"Sundowner
November 10th, 2011 at 3:32 pm

It probably won’t be sold here since it’s not a station wagon, it’s a truck. Americans love station wagons as long as you don’t call them station wagons. You have to call them SUV’s or CUV’s or something truck-like, but they can’t actually be trucks becuase trucks ride and drive like trucks, they have to be station wagons which ride and drive like cars but we all pretend are trucks.

In short, Americans will truck no truck that is a truck, but will truck a truck that is a car, which is acutally a wagon. understand?"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online