275/60R17 on a Stock Trailblazer (With Pics!)

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
275/60R17 Yokohama Geolandar ATS on stock 17" wheels. No lift, no spacers, no grinding. They just fit, and fit very well. And WOW was it a MAJOR ride improvement over the old shitty tires I had on before. I would consider this the biggest size you can fit stock, or 265/65R17. These are wider but a bit less diameter. I clear my ball joint but I wouldn't want to get ANY closer to the ball joint than this. These tires are 30" x 10.8". I'm very satisfied.

There's a ton less bounce now. I probably won't bother doing stiffer springs. But I still may do swaybar bushings/links and maybe a stiffer rear swaybar, I'll have to wait and see. But next on my list are a bluetooth/iphone gauge app for monitoring transmission temp, and a tune. Finally a tune.

These are the tires I got, for some reason they were only $85 each through amazon (not 3rd party seller, brand new!). They're about $100 more than that now, you probably won't get the deal I got :biggrin: http://amzn.to/1XXHxQV

BLAH BLAH BLAH nobody cares you just want to see the pics I GET IT...

FcZIxdp.jpg

dQvdBRt.jpg

I8467DV.jpg

mCe1fJf.jpg

0TNqebE.jpg

y9YLUAr.jpg

I wanted to get a coin in there so you could see the gap with some kind of scale, but I honestly could not find a coin in my whole house. If I had to guess, I'd say its a hair under half an inch.

cuILLu0.jpg

UBnypj2.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good info and pics. Looks nice!

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Nice. I just put the same tires on my Sierra. Mine are 265/70R17. I haven't had them long enough to comment on them other than that they are very quiet for an AT tire. So far the only negative is that the tread picks up gravel like there's no tomorrow. One of the reasons I wanted them is that they have a 51 psi max. I run my rear tires at 45 psi when towing my travel trailer.

Unbelievable price. I got mine from Tire Rack for $160 each including shipping.

Reactions: Drew.22_

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Nope. No lift, no drop. Keeping the ride height good and stock. I may do spacers, I'm not sure yet. And I do want to try to stiffen the suspension, although the tires made a HUGE difference in the ride so I may not end up going crazy with the suspension.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Nope. No lift, no drop. Keeping the ride height good and stock. I may do spacers, I'm not sure yet. And I do want to try to stiffen the suspension, although the tires made a HUGE difference in the ride so I may not end up going crazy with the suspension.

Understandable, I've had different thoughts about mine but I want to at least level it

dkvasnicka

Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Interesting optical illusion, they look much narrower on the photos... I wouldn't have guessed them at 275 at all, they look smaller than my 255s on a 9-7X. Must be the way you took the pics or something. Also TB has a little bit different proportions, of course.

Reactions: Denali n DOO

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Yeah I think so, but I don't know the offset. I wanted to get this tire diameter and width, but on the 5 star 18x8 wheel, but I just couldn't find an affordable set.

murdog

May 20, 2016
Duluth MN
Looks great! I am running Discount Tire "Pathfinder ATs" on my trailblazer EXT, they were cheap, and some of the best AT Tires I have ever run in the snow and ice. I had to replace the front struts on mine recently and with those tires and new suspension it is like driving a brand new truck.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
looks like more room then the 265/40/22's on my Replica SS 22's, doesn't matter how close you get as long as you don't touch, you never will.

Attachments

• 20160611_152844.jpg
    20160611_152844.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20160611_152850.jpg
    20160611_152850.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 32

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Update: Tires are still awesome. I've checked for rubbing after some long highway trips, just in case they expanded a lot from the heat. But still no sign of a single rub ever. They do like to throw gravel a lot, but I knew that from the set I had on my ZR2. Other than that, these are great, highly recommended.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
FUN UPDATE!!

It's been 2 years and my Yokohamas are cracking and splitting like crazy. I checked the Manufacture date and it was only a month before I bought them, ~49 months ago. And I only have about 14,000 miles on them. But because I bought them through amazon, Yokohama will not honor their warranty. Now I have to take my tires off and return them to amazon like they are a pair of pants or something.

These were a great tire until they started falling apart. But I certainly will NEVER buy a yokohama again. Amazon is the biggest retailer in the world, it is extremely sketchy for them to throw their warranty away.

Attachments

• IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3256.JPG
    545.3 KB · Views: 32

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Per their advertised warranty you would not be covered. You just missed the cut-off like the 38 month old Advance Auto battery with 36 month warranty I just replaced for my wife's grandmother. It sucks but they know the lifespan of their products.

• Weather checking/cracking or failures resulting from these conditions on tires purchased more than four years (48 months) prior to a warranty claim. If proof of purchase is not provided, the Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) serial number is used.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
There's several companies that won't honor a warranty at all if purchased through Amazon. Why, I'm not really sure, and I wonder if they can legally void your warranty if you do. The ones that do that say their product has to be purchased through an "authorized retailer" - I've always wondered if that means a retailer that they can more directly control pricing of. Places like Amazon have to get the product somehow, and I doubt Amazon would be going through the hassle of not getting the stuff from the manufacturers in the first place.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Per their advertised warranty you would not be covered. You just missed the cut-off like the 38 month old Advance Auto battery with 36 month warranty I just replaced for my wife's grandmother. It sucks but they know the lifespan of their products.

• Weather checking/cracking or failures resulting from these conditions on tires purchased more than four years (48 months) prior to a warranty claim. If proof of purchase is not provided, the Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) serial number is used.

Actually I just math'd wrong. They are 2 years old meaning I bought them 24 months ago and they were manufactured 25 months ago.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So their only excuse f not buying from a licensed retailer?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd contact Amazon directly. More than likely, they came from a licensed distributor under Amazon.

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I did contact amazon and they are letting me return them. So now I have to buy new tires first, get them installed, then return these ones back to amazon. Which is a real pain in the ass. Plus the selection at this size is very limited

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Seems to me that this has been taken off topic from the original intent off this thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher