22" SS rims on TB EXT?

benz01

Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Kansas
Love the look of the SS wheel and was wondering if anyone has any pics of this application. I've searched the site and can't find any pics yet. I saw one on the other site but hate going over there. Thanks in advance.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
It's OK to use the OS like a library, just don't wright new chapters for them.

benz01

Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Kansas
CdnGMan said:
While my rims aren't exact SS replicas, they may give you an idea as to what to look forward to.. :wink:
Take a peek at my garage...

Nice, did you have to lower it to get that look?

benz01

Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Kansas
CdnGMan said:
Nope... in fact, I think the back end is up too damn high as it is now... :hissyfit:

Would you ever consider lowering an inch on the back end? I still want the ability to tow from time to time.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
benz01 said:
Love the look of the SS wheel and was wondering if anyone has any pics of this application. I've searched the site and can't find any pics yet. I saw one on the other site but hate going over there. Thanks in advance.

We should get the mods to make a new sticky on the new site for wheel/tire combo pics. Yes, the OS has that already but a lot of those pics are so old that most of the wheels you see on those GMTs are discontinued. All in favor?

:undecided:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
BINGA said:
We should get the mods to make a new sticky on the new site for wheel/tire combo pics. Yes, the OS has that already but a lot of those pics are so old that most of the wheels you see on those GMTs are discontinued. All in favor?

:undecided:

I thought that there was something like that already here... I'll have to check on that... :confused:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Rubber band like sidewall on a Sport Utility Vehicle really takes the "Utility" out but sure emphasizes the "Sport" (although acceleration will greatly suffer).

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Pittdawg said:
Rubber band like sidewall on a Sport Utility Vehicle really takes the "Utility" out but sure emphasizes the "Sport" (although acceleration will greatly suffer).

As long as the owner likes what they have...I like the big wheel with small tire look.

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
Pittdawg said:

I agree. Sidewall should be bigger, its too small for a 22" wheels. Tires aren't proportioned to the body. At least you have a reason to lower it...:smile:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Pittdawg said:

I concur with needing a bit more sidewall...I saw a post on here the other day where a guy was running a 25 aspect ratio on a 22' rim! He said it "rides great". I hate to have to take him at his word for it...

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I've been thinkin about doing the SS wheels but not the 22's. Just gotta find a way to do it without the wife finding out :undecided:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
jrSS said:
As long as the owner likes what they have...I like the big wheel with small tire look.

I guess my post was to subtle for ya :wink: My point was that while large wheels may look sporty the tiny sidewall severely restricts the utility of the vehicle. I never mentioned not liking the way large wheels look :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher