2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – Putting the World on Notice

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That thing sure sounds sweet! Just a couple of comments...

Will they actually be available and will dealers hold your family hostage? Shortages and dealers tacking on extra costs for just pure profit for themselves may kill it. It's already happening with the current model.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for posting this; I enjoyed watching it (except for the woman 'customer' gushing over it... she seemed like such an internet fangirl).

Things I liked...
- Flat plane crank, and what it allows (seeing a GM small block surviving & pulling to 8600 RPM is impressive). Torque looks to be neck-snapping (based on the demo with the two guys driving)
- FWIW, I *really* liked that the roof can retract while driving. Sounds like a simple thing, I'm sure... but not having the roof / hardware damaged while the car is at speed is an achievement. My S2K had a ragtop, and there was a relay built in to not allow the roof to retract unless the car was motionless (or else, watch your roof frame get bent out of shape!)
- That black on orange color scheme is nice. Not quite Imola Orange, but close.

The original one of this generation was pretty much a bargain, for what you were getting.
I shudder to think of what the Z06 / Z07 cars will cost (and the Z07 looks like a profit center -- I'd rather take a Z06 and upmod it, myself.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.