2021 Tahoe and Suburban to be announced tonight....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The entirely different exterior has been described as a kind of cross between the new Chevrolet Blazer and Chevrolet Silverado,

Get your barf bags out!

cornchip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
2021-Chevrolet-Tahoe-2021-Chevrolet-Suburban-Debut-First-Photos-043-720x540.jpeg

2021-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Z71-003-Exterior.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Suburban-003-Exterior-720x464.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Tahoe-005-Interior-Dash-1024x683.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Z71-001-Exterior-1024x681.jpg

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I like the interiors, and save for the noses, I think the exterior styling is pretty good, too.

4 in. longer wheelbase on the burb, but only 1.5 in longer overall. Finally gets independent rear susp, like the Expedition. Interior cargo increased to 144 cu. ft (up 19%).

2nd row seats don't look comfy, IMO. Maybe the new infotainment screens will take passengers' minds off their sore buttocks?

5.3 & 6.2 gassers and the new I6 diesel for engines; 10-speed trans (not sure about what the BabyMax gets to shift gears with) Diesel is an exclusive to the segment. MPG not released, but 30mpg w/ the diesel might (?) be possible, based on what the pickups are getting with it.

New Z71 and High Country trims; the Z71 has a 4 (?) in factory lift & skid plate (at least on the Tahoe.)

Column shifter replaced by electronic selector - on the dash, next to the screen. A mistake, in my view (ergonomically, it's a farther reach than if they'd put it on the lower console, and it's not something that needs to be constantly viewed, either.)

Not in the market myself, but I think these will sell. The pickups are flying off the lots, even as bad as the front ends got panned. I'd expect elements of these interiors to be part of the planned interior redo on the pickups, as well. Supposedly, the profits from these will be rolled into development of next-gen electric vehicles.

Availability given as mid-2020; pricing to be released shortly before. Guessing $7-8K above current.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Read up on them and @Reprise 'assessment is spot on. "Hey look, it's Grandpa Blazer!" is all I can say about that front end. I wonder what the GMC variant will look like? And I couldn't buy one anyway at the price range they will likely wind up at but that diesel Babymax would be interesting.

One thing I wonder with the Emergency Braking System is if it will disable itself when towing, especially something large with electric brakes? I can just see shit going sideways with that. And if towing, whatever it's trying to avoid hitting, it's gonna happen anyway.

Reactions: Reprise

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The diesel uses a belt to drive the oil pump mounted behind the rear main seal... no sale. The interior is a mild refresh of the current trucks but the exterior looks like an expedition. Don't care for the IRS, just kore parts to replace and to make it tow comparably to a SRA the will more or less be the same. Kind of a waste and just adds weight.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The diesel uses a belt to drive the oil pump mounted behind the rear main seal... no sale.

I didn't know about that one! WTF were they thinking?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I didn't know about that one! WTF were they thinking?
The chief engineer said... and I quote "it's a service item. I think it was prorated past 100k." Stupid.

Heres the video

cornchip

Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
That wet belts going to be a huge hit when it goes. Don't think the 10 speed behind it will last any longer. Things not to include when your shopping for diesel reliability.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Doesnt this make it the --only-- belt driven oil pump ever on the market from the factory?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And we've never seen chain systems fail before have we? VVT phasers and chain tensioners are 100% reliable! Yeah, right.

And don't you find that the placement of the serpentine belt driven accessories eerily similar to our Atlas engines? (minus the water pump)

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
And we've never seen chain systems fail before have we? VVT phasers and chain tensioners are 100% reliable! Yeah, right.

And don't you find that the placement of the serpentine belt driven accessories eerily similar to our Atlas engines? (minus the water pump)
There are more than a few things I find similar to our engines. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the thing was built to be expandable to a diesel platform way back. More than a few design choices would lead me to believe it was at least possible...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online