2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Chevrolet took the wraps off its 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Saturday, putting a jolt into its centennial truck celebration at the Texas Motor Speedway and previewing what’s in store at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show.

For now, we’re treated to three images that make for a mouth-watering look at the new 2019 Silverado LT Trail Boss. It’s a new model that adds the off-road equipment of the Z71 package with a Chevrolet-certified 2-inch lift kit. While that sounds pretty “boss,” the real news here is the Silverado in general, and speculation about how it stacks up with the competition

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-lt-trail-boss-red-paint-front-view.jpg
This much we know: Chevrolet will offer eight Silverado models, and will expand powertrain options. Possibly, the same will go for the new 2019 GMC Sierra – though that will undoubtedly feature a different front end, along with brand and buyer-driven differences.

Except for the LT Trail Boss, there’s no word on what the lineup will be, or powertrain specifics, aside from reports of a 10-speed automatic transmission. Truck shoppers can probably assume that the Silverado will get more efficient to better compete with Ford’s twin-turbocharged V6 powertrains, likely cresting a 25-mpg highway fuel economy rating, depending on specification

Chevy doesn’t plan for any pouting (depending on sales), but it does intend to trumpet its use of “high-tensile steel” as a differentiating factor to the F-150. Officials say the Silverado will feature a mix of aluminum and steel to drop weight in the name of efficiency, yet compete with Ram and F-150 on strength claims.

As far as styling is concerned, make no mistake about it: The new Silverado Trail Boss is stacked, stylish, and slender.

Chiseled sides and a strong, upright and blackened grille give it a modern and granite-like appearance, but it’s less blocky compared to the current Silverado. For 2019, the cab roof shows a definite swooping line, and wheel arches extrude out much less than the 2018 model, with a more rounded appearance. The front end (for this trim) loses some chrome and better integrates into the grille, with smaller LED headlights.

2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-lt-trail-boss-front-rear-views.jpg

The surprise showing in Texas, well in advance of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, underlines what’s at stake for General Motors: the Silverado is the automaker’s sales and profit powerhouse.

In fact, analysts say this is perhaps the most important update undertaken by GM, enough so that the company is spending $3 billion to upgrade Silverado and Sierra factories. It’s an investment the automaker hopes will spur sales of the Silverado and Sierra in a growing and popular segment and against relentless competition.
For now, though, the top-selling Ford F-150 is revised for 2018 and retaining its sales lead, while Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is poised to debut the next-gen Ram 1500 at the NAIAS in Detroit in January, which is held right next door to Chevrolet’s headquarters in the Motor City.

Truck wars. It’s on.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/2019-chevrolet-silverado-trail-boss-preview-article-1.3704305

What are your thoughts on the new Silverado!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think it looks Boss! Too bad I can't afford a mortgage for one.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I think it looks Boss! Too bad I can't afford a mortgage for one.

Did you see the unveiling?!? Now that was BOSS!!! Design wise I think it looks a bit too much. That could probably be because I still prefer, old, big looks. This seems a but smaller than current gen Silverado. Will have to see it in person for a final verdict

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I really dislike that character line that extends from front fender to under side mirror. From most angles, it makes the front clip / hood line look like the truck was in an accident (that swoop downward gives the impression that the front is pushed down at the cowl)

For those who like lifted trucks, I wonder how this will sell. I'm thinking for those who want a lift, that 2" might not be enough - ? But having it OEM is nice for those who want a lift w/ a minimum of fuss.

I saw a pic of this particular truck w/ a man standing next to it. The height of the hood was about even (or taller) with the top of his head. A bit higher than I'd like, personally.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I found this video of the showing:

But this being a total redesign and with a new tranny and possibly powertrain so caveat emptor. I'd let others bring the bugs out of it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online