2019 Chevrolet Blazer

BuffettTruck

May 2, 2018
Florida
Honestly, not a fan. It's like they decided to respond to Ford bringing back the Bronco and saying, "Okay, we'll bring back the Blazer. Except it won't be a Blazer, it will be a slightly puffed up Equinox for people who think the Equinox is too small and the Traverse is too big."

Still, I can only imagine there must have been similar disappointment when the Blazer went from the K5 to the S10. They just didn't have an internet to vent on.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just found this video review of the "blechzer".

Be forewarned, these reviewers are easily impressed by Playschool cars.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
How do they even link that thing to the Blazer name ?

Reactions: sunliner

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I see 0 reason to even buy one. After driving both the 19 Acadia, and the Blazer I see no point in going for it. It pretty much felt like the same crossover, no difference in how the suspension felt either. The V6 wasn't bad, but didn't feel much faster, maybe it was the gearing but it felt a bit slower then the Traverse/Acadia. The interior was nice, but felt no different aside from the "redesigned" dashboard and the recycled camero climate controls. The climate control was my biggest pet peeve, the knobs are just not that comfortable to grab and turn to adjust the air temp.

Reactions: Mooseman

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I stopped watching when dude said the new Blazer is something like a practical Camaro... :hopeless:

Kelly@PCMofNC

Mar 16, 2013
Ehhh no like. If anything they should have called the new Traverse a Trailblazer - it looks closer to its roots than that does.

Reactions: Mike534x

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They should have called it the "SomomGrogetter" (soccer mom grocery getter)

We need a real mid-sized SUV dammit!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
A Colorado based SUV would be so much more deserving of the name but, hey! what do we know, we're just the people with the money....:deadhorse:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
And give it the 4.3 (Colorado should have had it too).

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's never gonna happen. At least the 4.3 is plausible.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Would be nice to see the 5.3 find a home in the Colorado, at the very least it would be nice to have a mid-size pick up truck with decent power.

Ford seems to be getting their head in the game with the new Explorer. The RWD config caught my eye.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The 3.6 in the Colorado really isn't all that bad. The brief time I had with one it felt a little peppier than the 4.2 in our trucks but you had to spin it. The 4.3 is quite a bit bigger than the 3.6 because iirc one is 60* and the other 90* or something.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The 3.6 is a 60* engine that is derived from the old 2.8, 3.1, 3100, 3400, 3500, 3600, and the 3900.

The 4.3 is a 350 shortened 2 cylinders. I dont know its opposing degree.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had the 60' 3900 in our SV6 and it hauled ass even in a FWD van. I remember the 2.8 carbed in my 82 s10 pickup and it was pathetic, even with a manual 5spd

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The 4.3 i'm talking about is the new one, not the old 350 minus 2 cylinders. Although, it is still that sort of thing, being part of the new LT V8 engine family, just a 6 cylinder version lol.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
And give it the 4.3 (Colorado should have had it too).
The 4.3 i'm talking about is the new one, not the old 350 minus 2 cylinders. Although, it is still that sort of thing, being part of the new LT V8 engine family, just a 6 cylinder version lol.
Seems like every time the new(est) 4.3 V6 is mentioned many people automatically recall the old Vortec 4.3 which was the mainstay for GM trucks for a good while. I had one in a AWD Astro van and it was a great engine. I wonder if GM ever had an aluminum block or head version of that engine.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Speaking of the new Blechzer:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Well its on sale here. And doesn't look to be going anywhere. Have to say though I have seen quite a bit of intrest especially from newer buyers, first car etc.... The styling makes it look much more than what it is. Doesn't do any justice to the Blazer badge it wears. I wouldn't be surprised if GM went ahead and just removed the body kits and have it a lift and called it the new Trailblazer, same as Jeep did with the Compass Trailhawk "Trail-Rated"

20190612_162523.jpg20190612_162531.jpg20190612_162536.jpg20190612_162542.jpg20190612_162559.jpgJeep_Compass_II_00001_China_2017-03-30.jpgth (9).jpeg

My review: The seating position is crap as in most Crossovers, and uncomfortable. Whatever happened to the era of good cushioned seats. Interior is meh at best too busy for my taste. Air con vents give it a very aggressive look especially with the red trim. Rims look like shit. No other way around it. The only good thing about it is it looks refreshing and aggressive compared to an Equinox which doesn't make sense as they are competing with each other now!

Just my :twocents:. Rant over 😊

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oh that colour! Reminds me of the next day after binging on KFC :puke:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
This is what I'm talkin' bout...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
This is what I'm talkin' bout...

That's a nice truck, would be great for our dry season, when there's cooler temps. They needed to take a few more pics though. :hopeless:

Edit: Overlooked the part about the hard top

• Haha
Reactions: northcreek

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I could see myself driving that back East from Nebraska ...:celebrate:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yesterday, noticed a vehicle parked in my neighbor's driveway that I didn't recognize. Of the visitors he has, only his GF backs in like that, and I know both of her Kia's. So I get up and look out the window to see it's the new Blazer... And she's giving him the grand tour of it :duh:

So unless one of her vehicles is in the shop and this is a rental (not sure why anyone with 2 cars would do that) I'll likely be seeing this in front of my house, on a regular basis. :hopeless:

BlazerRS.jpg

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I wouldnt. The Kia/Hyundais arent bad at all.

Reactions: northcreek

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
You know, if gm had given it a new name they would have been smarter about it. It's just a slap in the face to anyone familiar with blazers.

Worst of all they build them in mexico.

It's so true - it's like they learned nothing from the new GTO.

Reactions: JerryIrons

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011

sunliner

Mar 25, 2012
Calling that thing a "Blazer" is sacrilegious. I guess the days of the real midsize SUV are *almost* over...I just got my mits on a 2019 4Runner that's everything I used to love about my two old Blazers, and the Trailblazer, just updated. I 'officially' handed over the 06 Trailblazer to my son last week, so we'll be in the Chevy family for a while longer yet..

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Calling that thing a "Blazer" is sacrilegious. I guess the days of the real midsize SUV are *almost* over...I just got my mits on a 2019 4Runner that's everything I used to love about my two old Blazers, and the Trailblazer, just updated. I 'officially' handed over the 06 Trailblazer to my son last week, so we'll be in the Chevy family for a while longer yet..
Similar story, I recently jumped to a Jeep GC for the same reasons and tried to give my 07 Envoy Denali to my youngest son...and he didn't want it.... :no:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Reactions: JerryIrons

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TBH I probably wouldn't dislike this vehicle as much as I do, if it wasn't for the commercials they are running for it. Every time they come on, it makes me cringe just a little.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We don't see those "real people" commercials here as much anymore. I think we have stronger false advertising laws here :laugh:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Same here, must be a Florida thing....:wink:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I'm still waiting on work to get one so I can rent it for the weekend, and put it through its paces. The Chevy Dealer near me (that doesn't suck) has just started to get theirs in two weeks ago. I've seen at least 1 or 2 leaving their lot with temp tags from whoever is coming in to buy them.

Actually, came out of the gym of the other day to see this parked next to me. While I don't like them too much, the red with black rim combo is actually pretty nice in person.

Attachments

• Blazer.jpg
    Blazer.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 13

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I went to the Chevy Dealer yesterday, and although I didnt drive one, I sat in it.

I was actually impressed on the interior. It is so much better, on every level, than the Equinox. Roomier, better interior layout, everything. I was not impressed with the RS/AWD Pricetag of 52k thou.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online