2019 Chevrolet Blazer

brianlibby791

Original poster
Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Reactions: DiamondDiamond

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its not a real SUV. Its a crossover. Looks like a new cherokee took a dump and this crawled out of the pile.

Its basic front wheel drive with the junk 3.6 motor.

Nope...not a fan

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
FWD unibody is a disgrace to the Blazer name. They should have used the Colorado platform, in SUV form, with the 4.3L.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nah...the 4.2 not the 4.3 or a baby cubic inch LS

Reactions: sunliner

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I was going for something currently being made. The new 4.3 is not a bad engine at all.

Doubt they'd restart/refresh the 4.2L just for one vehicle line again.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
4.3 ended in 2014 I thought.

---edit-- I see they have a newer version. Specs look nice.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The old ancient one did. There is a new one that was developed that is based on the same basic platform as current "LT" engines are. It is what you'd find in a V6 Silverado work truck.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: On first look, I kinda like the interior. That's about it.

2019-blazer-design-gallery-01.jpg
2019-blazer-design-gallery-02.jpg

I'm guessing those are just DRLs with the LED strip that look like the Camaro headlights, with the low beams down lower where the fog lights would go? (since that's also where the turn signals are) Looks out of place to me. :no:

2019-blazer-trims-02.jpg

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Scrolling through and saw this.. what’s everybody’s thoughts on the styling and etc?

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-chevrolet-blazer-first-look-reinventing-suv-cuv-world/
Thought I dropped you off to take a final...

Inside isn't horrible. Outside may be worse than the first gen traverse. Why slot it between those two? The 360 was about the size of a traverse... GM in a nutshell.

Edit: And wtf is with them basing the nose around that terrible Camaro facelift. I mean come on.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
There's pretty much no such thing as a mid-size SUV anymore, they're all in reality, crossovers. The only true SUV's are the large ones like Yukon, Tahoe/Suburban, Escalade, Expidition, Durango, etc. All those big guys.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That grill is just fugly. I mean, it's all grill.

Dash vents are also ugly. Look like the ass end of jet engines.

This is a desecration of the Blazer name. It makes the overseas TrailBlazer look good.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That grill is just fugly. I mean, it's all grill.

Dash vents are also ugly. Look like the ass end of jet engines.

This is a desecration of the Blazer name. It makes the overseas TrailBlazer look good.
Yeah those style of vents just look awful and I can't imagine them being any better for air direction than a standard shutter type. Interiors now-a-days are all style over function and cheap ass brittle plastics.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's what fiat jeep did with the Cherokee.
There's pretty much no such thing as a mid-size SUV anymore, they're all in reality, crossovers. The only true SUV's are the large ones like Yukon, Tahoe/Suburban, Escalade, Expidition, Durango, etc. All those big guys.

The Durango is a unibody these days. Not sure about the Expedition.

brianlibby791

Original poster
Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Its not a real SUV. Its a crossover. Looks like a new cherokee took a dump and this crawled out of the pile.

Nope...not a fan
Kinda looks like a done up equinox/traverse, which I am not a fan of. As for the 3.6, it moves in my opinion. Haven’t had the SRX long enough to say how reliable it is.

That's what fiat jeep did with the Cherokee.

The Durango is a unibody these days. Not sure about the Expedition.
The Durango is cheap built interior, like all dodge products.
Why not just base it off the new Colorado? That platform is just ripe for an SUV. It would be so simple to drop a new body on the frame, right? Is GM afraid it will be more popular than the full-size body on frame SUV's?
I feel like this is gonna be another Chevy “SS” kinda thing, where they barley sold any over the course of the time they had them.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
So much to say here...and *none* of it good.
Looks like all of you have actually said it, so no need to rehash. The writer of the article didn't do herself (or GM) any favors, either.

Gonna be some deeeep discounts on 4 CUV / SUV lines, come August.
Ironic how the 1st-gen Traverse was so badly styled - now, I like it the most, outside of the full-size platforms.

Whoever designed the current Traverse should be given a project team to rescue the other 4, as it's the only one that would be something I'd be proud to have in my driveway.

Around here, I see a crapload of Buick Encores - another sad design. I think if I ever saw a guy driving one, I'd follow him till he parked, then point & laugh my @ss off.

And driving home today, I saw something in the general shape of an SUV wearing a blue oval that was noticeably *narrower* in the rear, top to bottom, than it was in the front - but tall like a Sprinter van. Teardrop aero taken to unnecessary extremes. Couldn't get close enough to see what it was called (besides 'craptastic')

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Whoever designed the current Traverse should be given a project team to rescue the other 4, as it's the only one that would be something I'd be proud to have in my driveway.

I've seen the RS version and it actually looks good. Just not my type of vehicle.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yep - my appraisal of the Traverse is based on in-person sighting, as well.

I worked with someone a couple of years ago who owned a 1st-gen - and they were definitely the targeted buyer - mom, w/ multi-kids :laugh:

brianlibby791

Original poster
Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yep - my appraisal of the Traverse is based on in-person sighting, as well.

I worked with someone a couple of years ago who owned a 1st-gen - and they were definitely the targeted buyer - mom, w/ multi-kids :laugh:
My Mom had one on a lease, i HATED everything about the car. Seats were uncomfortable, ugly styling. Only thing i liked was that it had room and the AWD.

As for the SRX, i dont mind the looks. But the Cadillac CUE system gives nothing but problems, they are so glitchy. Seats in that car are just as uncomfortable.

Really dont know how GM went back in the comfort of their seats. @littleblazer ’s TB has pretty comfortable seats, same with my 04 Sierra.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Final assembly is at the Ramos Arizpe Mexico plant. I'd have thought it would have been built in the US with all the trade protection swirling in the states at the moment. Even Harley is offshoring much to my surprise. Madness.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
IMG_7364.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That is a perfect example that people much prefer conventional styling rather than all this futuristic looking bullcrap. I mean for god sake, this new "Blazer" doesn't even look like it could make it over a curb. Blazer's are supposed to be known for their ruggedness and off-road capabilities, what the heck is this? Just like the newer Trailblazer's, nothing about is pays homage to the past, not even in functionality. Disgusting and trendy garbage. Give us a Blazer that can do something, not sit and look "pretty". I mean yes, of course in the pickup and SUV world, guys will mod them for street & performance use, but when they were in their stock form they could do things you'd expect out of a truck.

Last edited:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Couldn't agree more, at least Ford's proposed retro Bronco resembles a 4x4. This Chevy thing looks like every other soccer mom's grocery getter.
Hopefully GMC will do a better job with it.

Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Hopefully GMC will do a better job with it

The other twin to the Blazer is likely already being built on the same assembly line in Mexico. It's the GMC Terrain. Look at the side profiles and you'll see much the same lines. This Blazer is not what was promised, that being built along side the new Accadia in Spring Hill Tennessee. The Accadia I like with the exceptions of the same old car like drive train.

2018-GMC-Terrain-Canadian-colour-options_o.jpg

2019-blazer-intro-01.jpg

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So the Blazer is the replacement for the 'Nox? Utter Garbage!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Why not just base it off the new Colorado? That platform is just ripe for an SUV. It would be so simple to drop a new body on the frame, right? Is GM afraid it will be more popular than the full-size body on frame SUV's?
Yes!...and this is what most of us want and what makes the most sense. Funny but, I seem to remember :undecided: GM almost going under not to long ago because they refused to build what people wanted and thought that they knew better....was that real?...or did I dream that? :sleepy:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
So the Blazer is the replacement for the 'Nox? Utter Garbage!
I don't know why they would that because they just redesigned the Nox and like to get 7-8 years out of a re-do, unless it's just a name change on the current Nox platform to sucker in some of the old Blazer crowd. GM...they make it so hard to like them.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
They're just competing with all these other manufacturers who make CUV's now-a-days. Sad, because the die-hard GM guys want a rugged mid-size SUV. But, it's all about making money, not pleasing their costumers.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA

Nope...not a fan

That's exactly what my brother said. All things aside I just don't understand why GM even bothered with this 'thing'. Aren't there enough crossovers in GMs lineup already?

Atleast the RS is something I can actually look at the Premier is just downright ugly. One thing that caught my eye is that the rims sport a 6 nut design. The RS ones I'd like to try on my TB! 😅

To wrap up they should've let the Blazer badge die with dignity, instead they pushed this out as a disgrace to all that the Blazer stood for

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online