2019 Chevrolet Blazer

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
As you might have heard by now, Chevrolet intends to bring back the Blazer, but with a bit of a twist. The name strikes a chord with Chevrolet enthusiasts, for the Blazer and TrailBlazer were canceled a long time ago. Scheduled to premiere sometime in 2018 for the 2019 model year, the mid-size SUV is taking shape according to the latest spy pics. So, what about that twist?

In stark comparison to its predecessors, the all-new model will be a crossover with people-hauling abilities in mind, not off-road prowess. As per Automotive News, there are two engines in the offing for next year's Blazer.

The base model, which boasts small wheels and two circular exhaust tips, will reportedly come with a naturally aspirated 2.5-liter four-cylinder powerplant. Better-equipped models, meanwhile, will get larger chrome wheels and angular exhaust tips, as well as a 3.6-liter V6 mill of the N/A variety.
Care to guess what other General Motors utility vehicle is offered with the 2.5- and 3.6-liter units? It’s the second-generation GMC Acadia, ladies and gentlemen! Also a mid-size crossover SUV, the bold-looking Acadia retails from $29,020 in its most spartan configuration and has room for seven.

From a design standpoint, you can expect Traverse-inspired styling up front, as well as a squared-off rear end. Spied benchmarking against the Nissan Murano, the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer also aims to take away customers from the likes of the Ford Edge. At this moment in time, it’s not clear if the golden bowtie is planning to offer a third row of seats like GMC does with the Acadia.

Slotting between the compact Equinox and gargantuan Traverse, the Blazer will be underpinned by the C1XX platform. The Cadillac XT5 is the plushest application of the C1XX yet, and over in China, the SRX-replacing model is also available with the 2.0L LTG you’ll find under the hood of the Camaro.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ng-with-25l-i4-and-36l-v6-engines-119948.html

Reactions: Redbeard
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
As you might have heard by now, Chevrolet intends to bring back the Blazer, but with a bit of a twist. The name strikes a chord with Chevrolet enthusiasts, for the Blazer and TrailBlazer were canceled a long time ago. Scheduled to premiere sometime in 2018 for the 2019 model year, the mid-size SUV is taking shape according to the latest spy pics. So, what about that twist?

In stark comparison to its predecessors, the all-new model will be a crossover with people-hauling abilities in mind, not off-road prowess. As per Automotive News, there are two engines in the offing for next year's Blazer.

The base model, which boasts small wheels and two circular exhaust tips, will reportedly come with a naturally aspirated 2.5-liter four-cylinder powerplant. Better-equipped models, meanwhile, will get larger chrome wheels and angular exhaust tips, as well as a 3.6-liter V6 mill of the N/A variety.
Care to guess what other General Motors utility vehicle is offered with the 2.5- and 3.6-liter units? It’s the second-generation GMC Acadia, ladies and gentlemen! Also a mid-size crossover SUV, the bold-looking Acadia retails from $29,020 in its most spartan configuration and has room for seven.

From a design standpoint, you can expect Traverse-inspired styling up front, as well as a squared-off rear end. Spied benchmarking against the Nissan Murano, the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer also aims to take away customers from the likes of the Ford Edge. At this moment in time, it’s not clear if the golden bowtie is planning to offer a third row of seats like GMC does with the Acadia.

Slotting between the compact Equinox and gargantuan Traverse, the Blazer will be underpinned by the C1XX platform. The Cadillac XT5 is the plushest application of the C1XX yet, and over in China, the SRX-replacing model is also available with the 2.0L LTG you’ll find under the hood of the Camaro.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ng-with-25l-i4-and-36l-v6-engines-119948.html
i think if GM really wants to sell well they should bring back the Trailblazer, Envoy And Rainier. Hophfully Buick comes out with a Buick variant of the New blazer called Rainier.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
The 3.6 is a good engine but, without a V8 offered...I'm keepin' my money :twocents:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, just no. Why would we need something between the 'Nox and Traverse? We need something between the T'verse and Tahoe!

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
In my own humble opinion the whole idea of a "crossover" is pointless. They're just economy sedans with more headroom and worse gas mileage. Ford is supposedly bringing back the Bronco so why can't GM have a mid-sized, real, suv?

No, just no. Why would we need something between the 'Nox and Traverse? We need something between the T'verse and Tahoe!

Agreed

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
If it's not body on frame, truck based, real SUV, what's the point?
Yawn

For tow / haul - I couldn't agree more. Crossovers are OK for 'people only', but outside of that...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This for real? Checked at GMAuthority and didn't find it.

Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
This for real? Checked at GMAuthority and didn't find it.
Kind of. I made it in Photoshop but it looks like a 2019 Rainier. but i do know a friend at a Buick dealership and they did show me an email press kit for the New Rainier, Unfortunately i cant show because ive said to much already!

A
The 3.6 is a good engine but, without a V8 offered...I'm keepin' my money :twocents:
V8 with the new Rainier

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'll be curious if some parts are compatible with the previous generation :2thumbsup:

Chances are slim to none. Way too much difference generation wise. They changed the data bus in 2014 so even just the engine would be next to impossible to retrofit into an older truck.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Chances are slim to none. Way too much difference generation wise. They changed the data bus in 2014 so even just the engine would be next to impossible to retrofit into an older truck.

I was thinking more interior wise, such as the steering wheel or screen :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Steering wheel, maybe but airbag will likely not be compatible. Screen, as in radio? Not likely as it is very integrated into the HVAC and other electronics of the vehicle. Even my 2011 Caprice I can't replace the radio with an aftermarket because of its integration with the HVAC. Instead, I have to send it in to a guy to have it reprogrammed to activate all its features for the same price as a really good Android HU :cry:.

And I just noticed that the shifter reminds me of those in some Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, same type that killed actor Anton Yelchin in his Jeep. I tried one in a 300 once and absolutely hated it. If a vehicle comes with this shifter, even if I absolutely love the vehicle itself, I will still pass on it if it has one of those awful shifters.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Steering wheel, maybe but airbag will likely not be compatible. Screen, as in radio? Not likely as it is very integrated into the HVAC and other electronics of the vehicle. Even my 2011 Caprice I can't replace the radio with an aftermarket because of its integration with the HVAC. Instead, I have to send it in to a guy to have it reprogrammed to activate all its features for the same price as a really good Android HU :cry:.

And I just noticed that the shifter reminds me of those in some Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, same type that killed actor Anton Yelchin in his Jeep. I tried one in a 300 once and absolutely hated it. If a vehicle comes with this shifter, even if I absolutely love the vehicle itself, I will still pass on it if it has one of those awful shifters.

Agreed! Although there seems to be separate controls for the HVAC there may still be some integration. It may also include the Chevrolet MYLink integration.

The shifter seems more like the ones in the BMWs rather than the one in the Dodge

The fuses may be compatible with previous generations.

Even the fuses may be the newer type ones found in the Japanese models :biggrin:

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
GM took a nosedive when they pretty much scratched the SS line from their thoughts after 2009 model years. To the younger aged market, like myself, they are failing miserably. Ford has the ST & RS Focus and ST Fiesta. Mopar has the whole RT/SRT line up...what does GM offer? An RS package that's really just body kits. It truly disappoints me that we don't have an SS line up any more. Do I think it'll come back? Probably not with the way GM is going. I highly doubt we'd see the 6.0 in anything other than the Tahoe, Camaro and Vette....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ford has the ST & RS Focus and ST Fiesta. Mopar has the whole RT/SRT line up...what does GM offer? An RS package that's really just body kits. It truly disappoints me that we don't have an SS line up any more. Do I think it'll come back? Probably not with the way GM is going. I highly doubt we'd see the 6.0 in anything other than the Tahoe, Camaro and Vette....
Those ford packages are jokes.
The mopar adds those letters when they get performance close to a bare bones GM.
GM finally grew up and quit putting bullshit SS badges on shit that did not deserve it. They put a real car out with the SS badge and namesake, but kids can't afford it. The put SS on the Camaro, but its certainly no little bitch car like the ford and dodges that get letters added to them. SS means something finally, at least to real car enthusiasts.

If you need some shitty letters or think they mena something on those little crappy fwd cars, go hit up the autozone and grab some in neon.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Those ford packages are jokes.
The mopar adds those letters when they get performance close to a bare bones GM.
GM finally grew up and quit putting bullshit SS badges on shit that did not deserve it. They put a real car out with the SS badge and namesake, but kids can't afford it. The put SS on the Camaro, but its certainly no little bitch car like the ford and dodges that get letters added to them. SS means something finally, at least to real car enthusiasts.

If you need some shitty letters or think they mena something on those little crappy fwd cars, go hit up the autozone and grab some in neon.

I beg to differ in a few areas....

BMW "M"

Mercedes "AMG"

Audi "RS"

Cadillac "V"

Mustang GT....and GT350
SVT Raptor

SRT, Demon, Trackhawk, RT, scat pack,

SOME badges DO have teeth behind them still....

Chevy basically has Camaro now and not much else..the SS is kaput sadly..

Corvette is a league of its own and they are about to fark that up soon...

For American Muscle....Mother Mopar is Queen of the Saturday night drags...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove

Members Online