2018 TrailBlazer?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, this may be possible but it's sporting a 6.2L with 465hp and 460lbs/ft of torque. And it's not even an SS. Not sure if this is fake or not. And at $40k for a maxed out version, it would be cheap. Sounds like fake news to me.
https://ussuvs.com/2018-chevy-trailblazer/

Reason I was looking into this is because I spotted a 2018 Traverse and thought it looked like the current non-US TB.
http://www.chevrolet.ca/traverse-mid-size-suv.html

I'm pretty sure it was an RS I saw all blacked out.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hm, dunno doesn't seem very well written to me. Don't know. Sounds fake.. Guess we'll see?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Definitely fake; I've seen similar writing style for other makes / models.
Only thing I can figure out is that they're creating the sites / pages in order to sell ads / create revenue. Not to mention that a standard 6.2L with those HP / TQ numbers would be a): offered (a CAFE nightmare for a volume platform), and b): that GM would sell it for under $40K, much less $30K

I think the Traverse that Mooseman linked to is definitely an improvement from the old minivan-looking one, although I don't like the difference between the chrome surround on rows 1-2 and the lack of same on the rear. IMO, a nice overall design that, split up the way it is, makes the rear look like it came from a different vehicle. I suppose the upward swoop of the lower rear door trim emphasizes it (basically a Hofmeister kink in the wrong spot.) Without that, this could be a 3/4 scale Suburban, IMHO.

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Don't care much for the look of the rear quarter window,... I like the traverse better.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I smell fakeness. And for that price range, you're better off getting a TBSS, they're getting way cheap and almost on par with that "6.2".

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep. $40k for a 6.2? I think not. There were a couple of other sites with the same fakery.

I only saw the Traverse from the rear but it was definitely the RS with emblems blacked out. I liked the look. Only thing I don't like is the transverse engine setup. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather have a longitudinal setup. I'd also rather have a selectable 4x4 to reduce fuel usage.

If I ever do get one, I'll replace the Traverse emblems with TrailBlazer just to screw with everybody. Don't like the name anyway.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah that article was a load of bs. As far as the Traverse, somewhat pleased to see it taking a more SUV look. Never been a fan of the Traverse, being it looking so crossover & soccer mom-ish until now.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

Jeffrey gray

Sep 9, 2017
Jamestown, ny
I guess no matter what they come up with from here on out will be inferior to our current trailblazer in that; any new crossover will not have a full frame.... maybe, something like that will be ok for some but, I like the fact that trailblazers have full frames under them. A feature I’ll be looking for in my next vehicle purchase. Maybe a Toyota. I know it blastfamy but that’s the only crossover I know of with full frame.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Go full size, get a Tahoe. Or big old Suburban :biggrin:

No crossover will have a frame. Crossovers are a unibody "tall car." They call a lot of them "SUVs" still, but in my mind an SUV has a frame, so that limits it to the likes of a Trailblazer, Tahoe, the older Explorers (new ones are unibody so those are now crossovers IMO), the old Nissan Pathfinders (they are now unibody too), etc.

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Full frame x3,.. Ive always owned full size gm's and still wouldnt trade my HD2500 Duramax for anything on 4 wheels. My Dmax was built in Canada, a fed version without egr and cat, (no emmisions) and was custom ordered with 1 ton rear axle and brakes.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I agree with the fake news and the body on frame and everything else. I think that's just a stock photo for the overseas model tbh.

Full frame x3,.. Ive always owned full size gm's and still wouldnt trade my HD2500 Duramax for anything on 4 wheels. My Dmax was built in Canada, a fed version without egr and cat, (no emmisions) and was custom ordered with 1 ton rear axle and brakes.
Got a 2500hd as well just the gas version. (utility box, it's a beast) I was under the assumption that all the HDs or at least the diesels had the 14bolt 11.5 or whatever the 3500 rear was.

Shaw520

Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
That could be correct,.. but when I ordered rear brake pads for HD2500 the were too small,.. when I took them back he told me I had over sized rear rotor's and proceeded to give me the correct ones. Could be mis-informed.

JPutnam

Jun 30, 2017
Ft. Bragg
Not a Trailblazer without the 4200 option. Sorry guys, as much as I love the LS engines and am a hardcore SBC fan, you just can't compare to how refined the I6 is. It is night and day difference to anything else I have ever driven. I like it even more after being forced to drive a Dodge Journey for months. That thing sucks!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online