2018 summer gmt 360 midwest meet Aug 10-12

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
And also, Grimor is providing a *bunch* of stuff (besides land / location). That stuff isn't cheap / free - while he may refuse if asked, chipping in on some of the vittles he's rustling up for us might be a nice gesture (and saves transport of goods over various borders).

Just a thought, and needn't apply to only those not bringing anything else (e.g.; I would be fine, myself, to chip in for food, etc.)

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
So who's bringing what? What should we bring? Apart from some Canadian liquid desert, I can also stop by a grocery store and pick up something that's needed.

Maybe a recap is in order?
For those coming in Friday and want to do something, we can hit a BWW or something. Or just sit around a camp fire and drink/shoot the shit.

Saturday is the main event, Food should be done around 1 or 2 and be eating and drinking the rest of the night. I'll be providing BBQ Ribs, Chicken, Hot Dogs and Burgers, Misc chips. Unless someone really wants to stay up Friday night babysitting a roaster, probably won't be a hog this year. That's likely to change a few times before the weekend lol.

If people want to bring sides, buns, various beverages, etc.. someone can start a list. Stores are close and can just send people on runs to get anything we're short on.

Sunday people are welcome to stay as long as they want.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would imagine we would need to bring some folding chairs too.

I say KISS. If the hog just adds to the complexity, it can be dropped. I'm sure that the BBQ will be enough.

We're crossing the border into 'Murica on the Wednesday and doin' the tourist thing along the way. Have no idea what time we'll roll in to Elkhart. If early enough, we could do a pre-meet meet. BWW (had to look that up :biggrin:) would be cool or if we're in later, just enjoyin' some drink and talk.

Since not everybody is on FB (like me), we could use this thread as the "we're here" and where everybody is going for a meet rather than doing phone text tag. Or we could do a group PM.

Reactions: Matt

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Glad I checked in and saw this. I'm up in St. Joseph, MI, and I missed the Chicago-ish one. I would like to head down Friday night and pitch a tent or lay the seats down in the EXT since there will be some drinking going on. I can bring various and sundry things as needed.

It will be nice to meet some of you guys and put a face to a (screen)name.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
For those coming in Friday and want to do something, we can hit a BWW or something. Or just sit around a camp fire and drink/shoot the shit.
<snip>

Unless someone really wants to stay up Friday night babysitting a roaster, probably won't be a hog this year. That's likely to change a few times before the weekend lol.

Well, if we do the campfire Friday, we might be up to tend to that hog by default? LOL
Being a city boy, I have to confess - I don't know what kind of 'prep time' has to go into that - but I'm envisioning hunt / catch / kill / field dress / bleed out / butcher /... /... / cook ? :: laughing::

I *know* you don't just drive down to the Kroger and pick one up from the butcher dept. :dielaugh:

I'm probably overthinking it, as I do most things

Since I have my 'hotel' with me, I vote for the Friday bonfire. How many are staying on-site vs. hoteling it? If most are hoteling, BWW might be a good idea for Friday.

Once the next couple of 'macro' details get worked out, and everyone that's coming responds, we can probably do a group PM

One of the first things I'll bring up there - firewood. Any restrictions with bringing out of state wood into IN? (emerald ash, etc.?) And how much acreage are we talking about? Google suggested that this wasn't 'out in the boonies', but in a residential area - ? (don't want to cause lasting / residual issues with neighbors, etc. - or burn down a house or two...LOL)

On edit - I just thought of a good 'get to know your fellow members' game / activity. Will discuss more in the PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-ya and Mooseman

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I should post the video of last time I was there and what we used to start the bonfire after it rained lol :biggrin:

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
I think I have enough material on hand to make about 20lb of thermite. could use a bit more cobalt oxide to smooth it out a bit. This is a residential neighborhood, but not in the city. I have a decent sized back yard but will probably ask the neighbor if we can take over part of his too, or at least park the boat and trailer there. The fires can get pretty big, over 30ft high and they make my garage siding a bit wavy but it wouldn't be the first time. No need to bring firewood, will have enough to keep a fire or 2 going all weekend.

As far as a hog, babysitting just means adding hot coals to the roaster through the night. We're been getting em pre-butchered the last few roasts. Otherwise it's shooting it in the head, slitting it's throat and waiting for it to stop trying to stand up before hanging it from a tree. We usually do it the night before if we butcher ourselves, otherwise we chill it in one of the chest fridges and do a salt rub on it. Really have too much stuff going on in the next few weeks to do one for the meet.
yard.JPG

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I'm getting my new wheels soon and my stock wheels off my TB will be for sale. I could bring them to the midwest meet if someone wants to buy them there. They're the stock 17's off of my EXT, which means you should be able to use them for the EXT brake mod on a SWB. They have good tires with decent tread left. Tread was relatively the same among all four tires which measured .130 inches with a pair of calipers (approximately 8.5/64 inches). I just cleaned all the brake dust off of all four. The two rears look about the same and the two fronts look about the same. The only reason I'm selling them is they're not wide enough for my new tires. Make me an offer.

Attachments

• 18B8E99B-EA26-47E8-A9F7-9CCD3036166A.jpeg
    18B8E99B-EA26-47E8-A9F7-9CCD3036166A.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 9
  • E3B66377-3316-4669-B37A-7314C0DF46D7.jpeg
    E3B66377-3316-4669-B37A-7314C0DF46D7.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 9

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Reactions: xavierny25

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Agreed with 10% usable tread depth left and being stock wheels they just are not worth much these days.

Those wheels do look pretty sweet when you paint the center of the spokes though.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I don't want the tyres, just the wheels.

Cash at the meet if you can't get rid of them...they're the same as my LTZ.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I don't want the tyres, just the wheels.

Cash at the meet if you can't get rid of them...they're the same as my LTZ.
That was hopeful. I was seeing what would happen. I can do $150

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I would also be willing to trade the wheels/tires with cash for a quality roof rack for my tb or a rear axle with an 8x6.5 lug pattern.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ifr you are in an EXT why would you want to go to an 8" rear end? No to mention you aren't going to find a 6.5 lug to fit the platform unless you are going to SAS.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Ifr you are in an EXT why would you want to go to an 8" rear end? No to mention you aren't going to find a 6.5 lug to fit the platform unless you are going to SAS.

I need a new axle for my F3 project. My tb is just fine

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Have neither of those.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Anybody interested in me bringing the Tech 2? Will scan for drinks :tequila:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think Grimor has one.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
@Mooseman , bring it and I'll bring mine. I'm interested in learning how to use it better.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I doubted you would. Just trying to find some parts. Can you do $150 at the meet?

No mate, I'll hold firm at $100. I don't need them, but they'd be nice for spares. If you can get rid of them sooner, go for it.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I know I'm writing two posts but there's a reason and it will be apparent.

Anyone have tuning software?

Reactions: Mooseman

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
No mate, I'll hold firm at $100. I don't need them, but they'd be nice for spares. If you can get rid of them sooner, go for it.
Ok. I'll bring them to the meet if I still have them at that point. I'll PM you if I get rid of them before then.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Anybody want a tuned by PCMofNC PCM? Was in my '02 EXT. I can't use it in anything. Might work in an '03. It was for 3.42 gears, fan codes off, shift level 3, TM off, no speed limit.

@Mooseman , bring it and I'll bring mine. I'm interested in learning how to use it better.

How about we just use yours? They are the same. Less luggage.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Anybody want a tuned by PCMofNC PCM? Was in my '02 EXT. I can't use it in anything. Might work in an '03. It was for 3.42 gears, fan codes off, shift level 3, TM off, no speed limit.

Are they interchangeable with no issues? I have 3.73’s. Would that create a problem?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Ok. I'll bring them to the meet if I still have them at that point. I'll PM you if I get rid of them before then.

Works for me.

$$?? It would work for my 02 and I have 3.42 gears.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I see Matt is already buying it, but just for the sake of conversation, I'm about to put on 33's which will make the speedo read low. Would a PCM for 3.43's make my speedo closer to stock or further with 3.73's?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
With the Tech 2 and the laptop loaded with tis2000, a PCM could be loaded with programming from a truck with 3.42, 3.73 or 4.10 gears. It goes by the VIN. So if you have 3.73 gears and you have bigger tires, programming it to 3.42 might bring it closer to actual speed. Here`s the list of VIN`s:
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/vins-with-rpos-list.15520/

I also have a spare stock PCM I could bring along.

Reactions: djthumper

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Don't need it now. :2thumbsup:

rizzo20

I'm on the fence as of right now whether or not I'm gonna make the meet. I need a few things to line up, I should know by the end of today.

Anyway, I will probably be bringing some stuff to sell, Denali wheels, tinted aftermarket tails, bugshield, 4.2 intake gasket, pre-cut front window tint and some other odds & ends. Also, if I make it I can grab some chips, ice or whatever is needed once I roll into town.

One more thing, is Jeremy from lime-swap gonna be there?

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.