HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Oh boy oh boy... just thinking of him makes me tired...HAHAHAHAHA

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Martiiiin!!!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm debating on the Red Roof Inn , the Sleep Inn or the Garden Inn. Looks to be about $140-$160 for two nights.

I just booked the Red Roof for the 10th and 11th.

Reactions: rizzo20

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Alas i am wrong. He might be there, but i feel it is my duty to inform yall that Earthquake has been disassembled, and no longer in his possession.

Reactions: Sleepy_Jr

Sleepy_Jr

Dec 29, 2011
Yes it's true, needed to go with a smaller setup on a daily driver in preparation for another daughter. When I took the sounds out someone offered to buy it and figured it was an opportunity for a new toy.

Reactions: fletch09 and Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Gonna miss being there that's for sure.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I thought I saw that happen with the one facebook post, but was too scared to believe it. I gonna miss her.

Reactions: Sleepy_Jr

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Lets start talking menu for Sat. So far it looks like half a hog, about 30# of ribs, some burgers, brats, hot dogs, some green bean cassarole . Are there any specific requests?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sounds good to me. Is the hog headless? Is there anything you want me to bring?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Chow down on some hog and drink some beer (and apple pie) for me.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'll bring maple whiskey for desert :biggrin:

Reactions: Matt and Grimor

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Sounds good to me. Is the hog headless? Is there anything you want me to bring?
Probably headless if it's half a hog, usually have the head when we do a whole one. Just post whatever you want to bring so we know what's covered.

I'll likely have a few hundred jello shots again as well.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Can I reserve a spot for overnighting in the truck? Wife says I am gonna fly solo for this, so I dont think a hotel room is warranted.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Well, I may be doing a flying visit. My Mum is talking about coming over for a couple of weeks right when the meet is. If she does, I'll most likely drive up for the day.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
The family will be there for atleast the day. Once we get closer we will see how the cards fall for an over night stay.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's official, flying visit. I'll be there about 10am or so on Saturday and leave in the early evening.

Reactions: Wishbone

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got a bunch of tents but have found the back of the truck pretty comfy and no risk of this

first-rule-of-camping.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Or do like me and bring the tent without poles. Made it real cozy in my aunt's small motorhome for my family. Of course I was relegated to the floor for my forgetfulness.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I haven't booked my hotel yet. Where is everybody staying? I know @Matt said he's staying at the Red Roof but reviews are mixed on Trivago but good on Hotel.com.

Is there an update on needed supplies?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Red Roof was fine when I was there last.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
If there's still room to put a trailer / camper on site (mine is 25'), add me in.

Taking the trailer in for warranty service this Friday; I should (?) have it back by Aug 10th. Unfortunately, that service mainly concerns the roof - and it looks like Forest River and myself are gearing up for a fight, with the dealer in the middle.

My trailer sleeps 3 (four, but I'm not sharing my bed w/ any of you...lol).
Two can share the dinette, if desired (it's a 70", wall-to-wall).

We can use my tub as a beer cooler, if desired (and I can arrive with it stocked...put your orders in for brand).
No stand-alone icemaker (yet), though. After the ice in the tub goes, someone has to run for more. 3 ice cube trays and an RV fridge aren't going to go far, making more on the fly...LOL

I can also bring a blender ('Ritas, anyone?); just have to figure out what 110v solution I'll have for it. Probably a 2000w gennie (I can run A/C with it, too)
I'll bring some other things besides tequila, as well. Those choosing to partake, please supply mixers of choice - I'm not a bartender!

Bring your USB / Btooth devices - the trailer has outdoor speakers (and an awning). BYO seating. And tables!

My own gas grill is tiny, but there's also a 'quick connect' on the trailer, if someone has a larger one they want to bring / share (PM me for info on this; it will have to run w/o a regulator, else you'll get no flow to the grill, being double-regulated). Or you can run straight off a 20# tank. I can bring an extra 20# tank just for grilling, too).

Might be able to bring the Sierra; if not, the trusty Voy will be pulling the trailer.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I haven't booked my hotel yet. Where is everybody staying? I know @Matt said he's staying at the Red Roof but reviews are mixed on Trivago but good on Hotel.com.

Is there an update on needed supplies?

I'm not staying now mate, I'll be doing a one day trip. My Mum is flying in on the 7th for 3 weeks and it's been a couple of years since I've seen her so I had to make that decision. I'll be there about 10 on Saturday and leave about 5 or 6.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Red roof seems to be OK and rates are reasonable.

Should I bring my Tech 2? I can't tune with it but could help diagnose stuff. EV fan clutch is the easy to check with this thing.

Reactions: djthumper

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I'm hoping to come out with a few friends Friday night and stay till Saturday night or Sunday morning. Is there space to set up tents or hammocks on site?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I wound up booking at Baymont by Wyndham Elkhart. It was cheaper and has free breakfast.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
If there's still room to put a trailer / camper on site (mine is 25'), add me in.

Plenty of room left, you're welcome to bring it.

We can use my tub as a beer cooler, if desired (and I can arrive with it stocked...put your orders in for brand).
No stand-alone icemaker (yet), though. After the ice in the tub goes, someone has to run for more. 3 ice cube trays and an RV fridge aren't going to go far, making more on the fly...LOL
I have 4 fridges in the garage and a few coolers, this is all at my house so we'll have power, WiFi, water etc.. but probably won't run enough lines back for all the campers to hookup individually.

I can also bring a blender ('Ritas, anyone?); just have to figure out what 110v solution I'll have for it. Probably a 2000w gennie (I can run A/C with it, too)
I'll bring some other things besides tequila, as well. Those choosing to partake, please supply mixers of choice - I'm not a bartender!
I have some dual mixers and individual blenders available, no need to bring extras unless you really want to.

My own gas grill is tiny, but there's also a 'quick connect' on the trailer, if someone has a larger one they want to bring / share (PM me for info on this; it will have to run w/o a regulator, else you'll get no flow to the grill, being double-regulated). Or you can run straight off a 20# tank. I can bring an extra 20# tank just for grilling, too).
Several grills (charcoal and propane) as well as a large roaster available.

There's a small pool and other misc stuff available as well.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm not staying now mate, I'll be doing a one day trip. My Mum is flying in on the 7th for 3 weeks and it's been a couple of years since I've seen her so I had to make that decision. I'll be there about 10 on Saturday and leave about 5 or 6.

Well, this has changed again! Jay (Wishbone) was here on Friday and Saturday, we talked about it and I'm coming Friday and leaving Sunday...I'll be invading his camper.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Of course my Granny family reunion is Sat so I will be prolly be only a partial attendee if I can swing it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Better than not at all. I just want to raise a glass (or bottle or can) with you all.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
It's almost that time, little over 3 weeks to go. Time to finalize everything and pack your shit.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hurry up, trailer! (still at dealer service dept) And I found an icemaker for it...lol.

On edit: Looks like I need some sort of FB invite (and I don't spend time there). Can someone PM me with info? As little as 'address' would be fine. Thanks.

Last edited:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
On edit: Looks like I need some sort of FB invite (and I don't spend time there). Can someone PM me with info? As little as 'address' would be fine. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, I don't use facebook. Can someone pm me with info or can you send the facebook invite to my mom? She could relay the info to me.

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Friends of friends can invite to the facebook thing I think. but you don't need to be on there, shoot me a message here and I'll send the address to anyone who needs it.
People can share my cell and address to those who need it as well

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
@Grimor just sent me the info via PM. Since it's OK to share it, I'll fwd to anyone on this thread who needs it - just HMU.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So who's bringing what? What should we bring? Apart from some Canadian liquid desert, I can also stop by a grocery store and pick up something that's needed.

Maybe a recap is in order?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online