2018 summer gmt 360 midwest meet Aug 10-12

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Alright everyone, this has been brought up sparingly on some of the Facebook pages. ( I am going to post about this on there as well) but, is anyone in for planning a Midwest Meet up? I haven’t been able to make any of these and I’d like to try to make it to one this year.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All depends on where and when. I'm free July mid-July on until... forever. My wife would probably be joining me. She usually takes the first week of Aug. off. Would make for a good road trip.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Alright everyone, this has been brought up sparingly on some of the Facebook pages. ( I am going to post about this on there as well) but, is anyone in for planning a Midwest Meet up? I haven’t been able to make any of these and I’d like to try to make it to one this year.
Mr. Smith, I believe you just stepped up to organize this. :wink:

Reactions: Blckshdw

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
All depends on where and when. I'm free July mid-July on until... forever. My wife would probably be joining me. She usually takes the first week of Aug. off. Would make for a good road trip.

I am thinking in August sometime, it depends on who I can get to help me out and either get a place where everyone can meet or who has some land we can all hangout at and grill out or whatever.

someone figure it out and tell me where and when lol

Will do!

Mr. Smith, I believe you just stepped up to organize this. :wink:

Lol, I am fine with that I am just trying to find someone or more than one person who’s got a place we can all meet at. I’ve talked to a couple different people but nothing in stone as of yet.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'd like to. Whether I could make it this year or not remains to be seen. Got a kid on the way in August so that would play heavily into it.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm in (as long as it's not the last week in August) and I do have a house, but no room for accommodations. Don't mind a drive either, so as long as it's not 10 hours away.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I'd like to. Whether I could make it this year or not remains to be seen. Got a kid on the way in August so that would play heavily into it.

Understandable. I will see what I can come up with, I’m guessing it’ll be like a Friday night-Sunday thing and everyone can leave Sunday morning/afternoon.

I'm in (as long as it's not the last week in August) and I do have a house, but no room for accommodations. Don't mind a drive either, so as long as it's not 10 hours away.

Once I can get somewhere to have it I’d like to check with hotels nearby and see if we can get a code for cheaper rates if there will be a decent amount of people who want a room

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Booking.com is usually pretty good for checking out hotels, but sometimes you can get a better rate going directly through the hotel itself.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Booking.com is usually pretty good for checking out hotels, but sometimes you can get a better rate going directly through the hotel itself.

What I’m hoping is if we can get someone to open up their land/ house to us I will find a hotel nearby that can give us a group rate for maybe like 10-15 rooms if people want them.

Reactions: Matt

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
20180316_175026_resized.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In pending details

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not really anymore. I tried putting it together like I did back when I hosted one in Indy, but it never pans out in the sticks

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Not really anymore. I tried putting it together like I did back when I hosted one in Indy, but it never pans out in the sticks

I wish I had a house on enough land to have everyone there for a grill out or something but we would have to figure out what to do for about 2 full days.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
YOu are welcome to come here if I get the 2 acre property that I am trying for.

Reactions: tsmith1156

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Where are you located?!

That would work as well, where are you located?

Grimor is in Elkhart, Indiana and dj is in Vegas. Elkhart is doable, Vegas, not so much. :biggrin:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That would be a bit of a drive for me to Vegas.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Grimor's place is somewhat central for us in Ohio and the guys in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana etc. I'll definitely be coming to this one having not been able to make the last couple.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
LOL, I was offering up the space. :wink:

Well thank you for offering the space!

Grimor's place is somewhat central for us in Ohio and the guys in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana etc. I'll definitely be coming to this one having not been able to make the last couple.

Ya, it said it was about 4 hours for me, so I’d probably get there Friday night.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
There was decent hotel near Grimor as well I stayed at with the kiddos then hit up the Lake before heading home Sunday after breakfast

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
There was decent hotel near Grimor as well I stayed at with the kiddos then hit up the Lake before heading home Sunday after breakfast

That’s what I would do, get a hotel and just drive over Saturday morning/early afternoon. If Grimor wants to host it I’d say let’s do it.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
That’s what I would do, get a hotel and just drive over Saturday morning/early afternoon. If Grimor wants to host it I’d say let’s do it.

:2thumbsup: Now let's talk dates and see what @Grimor is willing to set aside.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hotel is about 5 min away. At least mine was

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd be in if I knew where @Grimor is located!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Elkhart, IN as stated above

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Google would give you far more info on Elkhart than my one visit, plus what do you consider small town? I live in a small town, but I still think a town 10 times the size of that is a small town

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Google would give you far more info on Elkhart than my one visit, plus what do you consider small town? I live in a small town, but I still think a town 10 times the size of that is a small town
I’ll check lol, I just didn’t want to book a hotel that was too far from Grimor if possible.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not bad. Just an 11 hour drive for me.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I must be a traveling soul cause 11 hours is nothing to me. I used to run up to Purdue for weekend parties when I lived in FL. 24 hours drive time for 2 day party was nothing and still dont mind the wheel time.

Reactions: Juicy K

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I must be a traveling soul cause 11 hours is nothing to me. I used to run up to Purdue for weekend parties when I lived in FL. 24 hours drive time for 2 day party was nothing and still dont mind the wheel time.

Damn, that’s a long time to drive lol. Weren’t there better parties in Florida?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm used to driving long hours. And that's 11 hours according to Google maps. 9 hours in reality :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.