2017 MIDWEST MEET

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Understandable Kyle. Unless it's local, I won't be able to go either. I also have personal issues at the moment....almost got divorced about 5 weeks ago, so at the moment, there's more important things that need doing.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Um let's see

I don't know what I can throw together. I mean, if people wanted to get together at my place on the 5th, sure. I'm not sure if there is much around here going on to go and do that I'm aware of. I'm near Mansfield, Ohio.

Ontario isn't far away (10 ish min) so we could go to bdubs or similar for dinner, or there is Brown Derby Roadhouse about 5 min from my house. I have a small gas grill, if we wanted to grill out, but a bigger one (or additional one) would be good depending on how many people we have. Plenty of yard space we could plop some chairs up on. I have a few wooden chairs I could bring out and possibly a couple tables I could borrow. Bringing some folding chairs would be a good idea though, likely more comfortable.

There is plenty of concrete driveway space if anyone wanted to wrench on trucks (lifts, projects, etc). I'm sure my neighbors would let us use the space across the street from me to park on also.

People would be welcome to stop by on the 4th in the evening to get a head start on any projects or whatever, but you'd need to find a place to stay at since I can't offer much there (none of the rooms are set up for sleeping in right now). There are plenty of hotels within 15 minutes of here though.

I would need to wrap it up sometime Saturday evening, before midnight preferably. I got church and stuff on Sunday morning.

Beer etc is welcome, just please no excessive drinking/drunkenness :wink: (not that this has really been much of an issue in the past, most have been pretty tame on this)

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just looking over that date and unfortunately, I finish working the morning of the 5th so I won't be in any shape to travel, despite being only a 9 hour drive. If it would have been the next weekend, it would have been perfect.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have seen very little action on any of this, so I'm assuming that this is a no go?

I just need to know, otherwise I'll be doing something else that weekend such as working on the house projects, spending time with the GF, or something.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Only other off-site thing I heard was from Regulator...

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I'd say it died a sad death.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:worried:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher