2016 MIDWEST MEET - - Elkhart, IN - - July 23

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Anyone want to swap my steering rack?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Help with it or swap part for part? How bad is changing it?

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I am going to swap out whole thing but will do it when I do the lower control arms and will toss on the new tie rods n such all at once, but will need to do it when i can take it for a an alignment after. Its not terrible, but not something i want to mess with on a weekend off to enjoy myself.

Reactions: Matt

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
AJ is on his 3rd power rack.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I just use a gallon of fluid every month or two for about 2 years, but I do have a spare rack.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'm out, sorry fellas. Mum is coming for a month visit the following weekend and there's a lot to do between now and then. Only the second meet I've missed I believe and it sucks.

1. Hardtrailz - 1 (for now) - Bring Cole Slaw
2. Sparky - 1 - assorted bags of chips/snacks
3. Bartonmd - 1 probably - All the STDs
4. Regulator - theres a few of us - Cowboy beans
5. Wishbone - 1 - pop, dinner rolls, still have a ton of red solo cups from Chi meet.
6. Fletch09 - 1, maybe (feel free to move down as the list grows)
7. big ed - 1, bringing Ms SilverBullet -1 - strong maybe.
8. xavierny25 +1, not sure what to bring but I'll figure that out in time.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's what now through the 21st and the 25th onward are for :raspberry:

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
I'm out, sorry fellas. Mum is coming for a month visit the following weekend and there's a lot to do between now and then. Only the second meet I've missed I believe and it sucks.

Well hell, if Matt's not going, I'm not going....

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Well hell, if Matt's not going, I'm not going....

That's farking funny!! :crackup:

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. July 18 is always a bad day for me.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
sorry guys, I'm out. Daughter decided to celebrate her Birthday this weekend instead of next.

5. Wishbone - 1 - pop, dinner rolls, still have a ton of red solo cups from Chi meet.
6. big ed - 1, bringing Ms SilverBullet -1 - strong maybe.
7. xavierny25 +1, not sure what to bring but I'll figure that out in time.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Oh well here we go, people dropping out like goons now. I see how it is. Somehow family is more important than a bunch of truck nerds, I don't get it... :raspberry:

Reactions: Matt and fletch09

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I think the whole family is coming with me, but it will be just for Sat/Sun. Wife works friday.

Tkaz

Jun 5, 2015
I will most likely be there. Will see if my girl wants to come. Ill bring some potato salad. Most likely will be only Saturday, depending on the girl

6. big ed - 1, bringing Ms SilverBullet -1 - strong maybe.
7. xavierny25 +1, not sure what to bring but I'll figure that out in time.
8.Tkaz - 1 maybe 2, tator salad

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Now I feel like shite with all that going on.

Next year, let's have it at my place.

Reactions: Wishbone

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm gonna go up there, tie you to your seat in your TB, and drag you to Elkhart! :rotfl:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Anyone else need stuff from MDB/Barton before I go pick up stuff to bring with me?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I need but cannot afford...does that count? :biggrin:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I might be working sat. and i wont know till friday

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
sellout

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
PTO

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have two options for the trip - turnpike almost the whole way (20 bucks round trip) or take 30 part way before jumping up to the turnpike (10 bucks round trip). Distance and time is similar, but 30 is a very dull drive. Not sure if the turnpike is any better though.

Well, I could take 30 to 33 and that would avoid tolls, and it is still fairly direct, but not sure if that would be a bad idea or not.

Input?

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
I have two options for the trip - turnpike almost the whole way (20 bucks round trip) or take 30 part way before jumping up to the turnpike (10 bucks round trip). Distance and time is similar, but 30 is a very dull drive. Not sure if the turnpike is any better though.

Well, I could take 30 to 33 and that would avoid tolls, and it is still fairly direct, but not sure if that would be a bad idea or not.

Input?
take 30 to 19 and straight north to my place. couple extra miles but 30 is pretty fast and 19 isn't horribly bad unless you find a buggy.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm headed to the Red Roof first on Friday afternoon. What's the plans for Friday evening, any idea?

@Matt I still think you should come, you've got all next week to prepare... :wink:

Reactions: djthumper

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Yeah, he'd be better off getting new balls and then drive Mum around in a more reliable ride...

@Matt , go get er done with the extra help you'll have In Elkhart

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You guys are killing me!

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Doo It.

I will be up Saturday at some point. Drove truck to work since it has not moved much in couple weeks. I wish I had some time to mess with it cause it is kinda rough...speakers blown, brakes on wear tabs and a rattle that I am sure is from Interlake. Maybe rocks on skids, but something.

I also need to spray out the radiator since it is running 15 degrees hotter and went thru a ton of mud.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I can't mate...but if Sparky comes by my place there could be a surprise on the front porch.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just ain't exactly on the way, adds nearly 2 hr to the trip...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Take lots of pics guys!

I am off to six flags Magic Mountain with the boys in a few hours.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Got my room booked for Sat at Red Roof. Gonna be a hot ride there with no AC

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
talked to Matt, if people want we can hit Between the Buns tonight. It's on Cass(19) and easy enough to find. Or can just hang at my place. I just gotta be home at 10 to start on the hog.

anyone who doesnt have me as a friend on fb or have my number, you can text 5749036782

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just got to the red roof. I'm around back. I forget who all is staying here tonight and tomorrow night. @Wishbone I thought I had your cell # but I can't find it, you staying here?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online